“Interesting menu”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church St & Market St
Description: A Modern Latin Bistro That Brings Casual Fine Dining With A Urban Vibe To Historic Downtown Frederick. Featuring South And Central American Ingredients And Flavors Created On Small Plates Designed For Sharing.
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Had a chance to eat at Acacia on a business trip. The menu has some interesting choices. We started with the calamari and the cauliflower fritters both of which were OK. I had the faro and a coworker had the short ribs which were both excellent. The remaining people in the party had crab cakes but they were a bit disappointed in them. I had hesitated on ordering the faro, it sounded good with pumpkin sage and kale but we had to ask what faro was. I am glad that I decided to be adventuresome it was delicious. The deserts received 5 stars across from everyone. The staff was friendly and service was good. I would return the next time we're in Frederick.

1  Thank windycitytraveler13
There are newer reviews for Acacia

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Visited Acacia on the last day of Restaurant Week in Frederick. We had made a reservation through Open Table. When we arrived, we were promptly seated at a cozy table table for two in the back part of the restaurant that sits by itself up on a riser. The host was warm and efficient. Our waitress has been there for some time because we have had or seen her on previous visits. While very efficient, she can be a bit "tough" to get her to engage. Once we asked about the menu and their other restaurants, she opened up and was more friendly.
The food was delicious. Both my husband and I chose the 3-course, restaurant special. He had calamari -- very fresh and NOT chewy. I had a Brussel sprout and butternut squash warm salad - amazing flavors! For dinner, he had a tasty pasta dish, and I had pork with homemade red cabbage and schnitzel. It was so yummy, especially the red cabbage. Due to the popularity of restaurant week, they ran out of the dessert we were interested in, but they generously allowed us to pick anything we wanted from the menu for the same price.
It was a lovely and delicious experience. The only thing that was a tiny bit lacking was the lack of warmth of our waitress, but she did come around and was much more engaging as the evening went on. We will return!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Since my husband had his stroke we can't come to Acacia any more because I can't get him up the large step in front. Also bathroom is narror and few steps. I miss your place so much and the lovely people and great food.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I went for Valentine's Day. We got off to a bad start when we were seated in this hallway right outside the kitchen. We requested a different table from our server who seemed quite perturbed that we did so. We were moved to a better table. I ordered a dirty martini and my wife ordered a glass of Pinot Noir. The wine was fine but my drink was terrible. We ordered a cheese plate appetizer which actually was the highlight of the meal. My wife ordered the oyster appetizer which was 3 oysters served differently. One was breaded and fried another was oysters rockefeller and can't remember the 3rd. This was O.K. nothing great. We each got a caesar salad which had a lot more mustard in the dressing than usual and it also had sliced boiled eggs in it. Different but I guess O.K. For our entrees I had the rainbow trout and my wife ordered the scallops. The trout was O.K. but the potato pancake was burnt on the outside. The scallops were decent. The salads were brought out too soon as we were still eating our appetizers. We arrived at 8:00 for our reservation and did not get our entrees until 9:30. They were busy but not really overwhelmed. It just took way too long. The service was fair. All in all it was a disappointment for what we paid. We had never been there before but we won't return.

2  Thank Dorian D
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

The food here is always top notch! Recently celebrated a friends birthday here with a group of 10. The service was amazing and the food just as good! For the level of food and service this is a great value! Go for lunch and get the special! Sit outside I. The courtyard if the weather is nice.