“breakfast with the family”
Review of Double T Diner

Double T Diner
Ranked #42 of 409 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Went to this diner because IHOP was packed,We were glad we went here.Food was great and there was a lot of it.Service was excellent.I was amazed at the huge menu selections.Coffee cups were small,so they needed refilling quite a bit.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had a huge dinner at Double T, including soup, salad, entree with two vegetables, dessert and beverage for approximately $13!! I had a chicken dish (they serve chicken approximately 15 ways!) and my husband had flounder francaise. The food was very well prepared; the portions were much larger than we could eat. Service was excellent. One thing I noticed is that the bus boy worked very quietly as he cleared the tables. No clacking of dishes. I congratulated him on his consideration of the diners and he told me that it was their policy to not make more noise than necessary. This attention to detail carried through to food and service and puts this diner above the regular diner experience.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I do love diners, especially big menu diners that bake. I went solo one evening and ate at the counter. The waitress was cheerful, friendly and helpful with the eventual dessert selection. The desert was a cannoli. An authentic ricotta cheese filled one. The shell was golden brown and delicious. There was plentiful chocolates chips on the ends and chocolate syrup in a little creamer pitcher which was nice so you could add as much as you wish or not. A good cannoli, not the best I've had even in MD but I will go back for one before I leave. The meal was ok, but it was a meal. You get soup with the entree. I had the cream of crab and it was good if not inventive. The entree was the triple-decker turkey burger which was over cooked. I had it on rye bread so that is a plus and I was able to add a fried egg on it no problem. The fries were awesome, batter dipped light golden, crispy and seasoned. Overall there was a lot of food, really more than I would usually eat for a meal, and the good more than made up for the not so good and I will go back for a cannoli or cream pie and try a different more mainstream dish as I think the turkey burger threw the cook. I really liked the vibe and the happy chatter the staff had with the patrons at the counter. I think the title pretty much sums it up and the more of these places the better my world would be.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We love diners.............both for the food and the experience, but it didn't happen for us this time.

The server appeared immediately, but after she served our breakfasts, we never saw her again for coffee refills.

Of the four in our party, I think that I was the only one that was satisfied with my breakfast. I had ordered a breakfast sandwich with eggbeaters.......it was good. The other three ordered "real live egg" dishes and had many issues including eggshells in the eggs and tasteless food.

Sorry to say that we won't be doing a repeat visit any time soon.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I usually love diners for breakfast, but on a visit to Frederick, this one was disappointing. My husband and I were with another couple. We were seated quickly but then waited a few minutes for the waitress to bring coffee. Once the food was delivered, we never saw her the rest of the meal. Had to flag down the hostess towards the end of the meal to get refills (coffee was weak, too). The scrambled eggs in my breakfast sandwich had bits of shell - not pleasant! My husband and I split a huge order of hash browns, but they were pretty flavorless - just overcooked, mushy potatoes that were browned.