“Great value, clean, conveniently located, freindly management”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed September 28, 2010

If your traveling thru Frederick or to Frederick there is no better value for a place to stay for the night. Baltimore and Washington are pretty convenient from this location which is where route 70 and 270 intersect. I have been traveling to this town for several weeks now and more weeks to come ,so I have been trying the reasonably priced area hotels. Most of the hotels have been clean, but here
there are no TV issues, no hot water issues, no internet connection issues, no air conditioning issues ( or heat as nights are getting colder) as I have experienced in other Frederick area hotels and the value is by far the best. The rooms (or most rooms) have a refridg. and mircowave also.

The 2nd shift front desk manager is really great , friendly, helpful, knowledgable and simply the best with customer service.

If you want a clean, good value place to stay for the night and a convenient location just off route 70 and 270 give this place a try.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed August 31, 2010

We reserved a nonsmoking king sized bedroom. Room #306 had roaches in the bathroom and coming out of the heating unit and stained carpet! We were changed to a double bedroom. Room #317 had holes in the wall, stained carpet and one the beds were broken. We were changed to room #132 in the morning. The hot water was off during the night, the room smell like mold and the carpet on the left side of the bed was wet. Horrible hotel. We booked through choice hotels and it was the worse.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I had a comfortable stay. very conveniently located. rooms were nice and clean.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2010

Stayed here on the way to Virginia for a funeral. Was tired from driving and needed to sleep (now wished we would of stayed along side the highway!) Gum on the light, no pillow case, floors not clean, bathroom disgusting. A large gap all the around the door and no knobs on the heater made for a very cold and noisey room. We laid on towels on the bedding to try to get a little sleep. Stayed for about 3-4 hours and got up and left.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2009

I looked into the hotels in Frederick . I didn't want anything fancy but didn't want to go for the cheapest one either so I chose Econo lodge . The room was clean and comfortable for a $55 price I paid. I couldn't find the hotel originally but the staff helped me with directions and even printed directions to where I was going. Would definately recomend to people traveling on budget like myself.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2009

My biggest complaint was the difficulty finding this hotel. At the time of my stay, there was road construction all around it (but since I was there on the weekend and only in the room between 7 pm and 7 am, construction noise was not an issue). It is NOT on any of the main streets and the Exxon station mentioned in the directions for finding it is boarded up! I did mention to the gentleman who checked me in that the directions should be updated, but he didn't seem interested in my travel difficulties. He was very polite and helpful other than that.

Luckily, I was on the side slightly angled away from 70, so I wasn't bothered too much by traffic noise. I did hear other guests arriving and leaving through the night, so the walls can't be very thick. The air conditioner was a bit noisy; luckily it was cool that night so I was able to just turn it off.

Dust bunnies in the corners and under the beds showed that cleaning had been spotty. I'm never thrilled with hotel/motel blankets and comforters, but the sheets were clean. Since I was staying by myself, the towels were adequate; if there had been another person sharing my room, we would have needed more!

I might consider staying here again, but this year (going to the same annual event, the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival) I'm trying something slightly further up the Choice Hotels food chain.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed April 19, 2009

Traveling through town we needed a place to stay overnight. We booked a room with 2 queen beds. The door was battered and the deadbolt would not lock. There were no covers on the box springs. The tiles in the floor were coming loose. Cigarette burns all over the furniture. Toilet clogged. Safe broken. TV remote had only one button that would work (channel down). The bed spreads had holes from wear. Woken up by firecrackers and fireworks in the parking lot in the middle of the night. And to top it off, the room was almost $80 + TAX!!!! Having traveled all over Europe and the states, this one takes the cake! Avoid at all costs!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family