“I left!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“I left!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I drove from Sc to Md straight no stops. I am a diamond member at choice so I reserved a room at econo lodge.. I was going to arrive that night but I got lost and didnt arrive to the next morning. I asked if I checked in at 6 would I still have to be out at 11 and he said yes. I was going to pay for a whole day and 5 hrs later I would owe again .. I was so tired and could not believe he would let me do an early check in or at least pro-rate the price.. I had to call choice to find another hotel and they helped me. While I was falling asleep in my car talking to choice and getting directions this dude was acting like he was going to call the police as if the area was not bad enough I had to sit in a scary abandon parking lot until I got confirmation for Comfort Inn just miles down the way.. Comfort Inn was very glad to have me and let me check in right away and sleep with no interruptions and they did pro-rate me way better area.. from what I could see Econo was nasty and very low budget... Scary and we was treated like criminals ... I really am tired of Econo's everywhere Choice hotels need to drop them

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ashley LuvnKese M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I are simple and do not require the bells and whistles of fancy hotels! We were in town for a wedding and decided to go with less expensive so we could stay for two nights to make a weekend of it!

However, staff does not wear shirts with the hotel name. I answered the door to a man asking if he could come in? I said why and he said he was there to fix the toilet that was running. My husband returned from bringing luggage to okay it. If my husband did not return at that time, I would not have let the man in.

Also, the cleanliness was gross! Dirty carpets and stained furniture! And, you shut the door and it did not completely shut, you could see light coming through!

Maybe this is just us, but, there wasn't even a clock in the room.

We have state at other Econo Lodges, we will not be returning to this one! It was shady/seedy!

The second night we moved to Holiday Inn, which was much better!

You get what you pay for...

• Stayed May 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

In my times of needing a cheap place to laymy head this has always been the spot to go for me. good customer service and the reasonable. I recented needed a place to stay for awhile and it didnt break the bank. Its off the highway and back where theres not alot of traffic so u can rest in peace...

• Stayed May 2013
Frederick, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

The rooms were of good size. I think that the sheets could have been in better quality because they were worn at the corners. The pillows appear to be of older quality and could be upgraded for more comfort. The shower is quite small, even for someone as short as I am. I wish that there was an ironing board, a mini fridge and a blow dryer available in the rooms, but that's obviously not a necessity. The staff was very kind and efficient when preparing the rooms. However, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diane R
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

i was tired and needed a quite place to relax ,do some work on my computer & sleep to prepare for two 12 hour work days.i was totally satisfied and acompolished all of the above.the place was very comfortable and staff was very friendly specifically rregistration.i will absolutely stay there again.

Room Tip: single beds make the room more cozy
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank dereckb360
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed with my girlfriend while visiting family. The place was really nice and the staff was very friendly. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and we enjoyed the breakfast. I will def stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Marion, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Having booked and paid for this room on-line over dinner, I felt compelled to stay and that may have been a mistake. The positive reviews of this property must have lucked out and gotten the one they keep for the website photos. I seldom go to a hotel office to demand a change of room, but I did here. The first was filled with stained furniture and the door lock was broken with the security chain barely hanging on by one screw. The complete lack of other cars in the lot should have been a tip-off, too, and the whole area feels like an industrial park. I felt insecure, unclean, and ripped-off. The irony is, I had been on the road for several hours and decided to get a room for the night to be on the safe side!

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business