“Great little surprise.”

Econo Lodge
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
“Great little surprise.”
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here because it had the cheapest rate around. I wasn't expecting much for 69 a night. I actually expected it to be one of those places that you can't even take your shoes off because its so nasty... I was wrong. The room was very clean. We even had a smoking room and it didn't smell a bit like smoke. A wonderful place. A+++++

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
East Central Illinois
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We picked this based on some positive reviews, and for the first time I'm stumped as to why tripadvisor users find this a place to recommend. The walls had peeling wall-paper, there was mold in the corners, the bathroom door didn't close right, and in general the entire room could use some TLC. When we arrived, very late after an exhausting drive, we were given a room next to some folks who were out in front of their room partying and smoking. Because we desperately needed sleep, we had to return to get another room in another section of the hotel. The breakfast was very basic: cheap little donuts and some cereal.

It isn't often that we choose a bare bones budget motel...usually when we just need a few hours sleep and a shower...and usually tripadvisor steers us to good, clean and quiet spots. However, this time we were sorely disappointed. Not that the stay was horrible, just a bit unsavory.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jammin11

Travelers are raving about these Frederick hotels

Fredericksburg, Texas
Reviewed August 11, 2012

easy to get to right off rt 70 major highway . clean room , friendly staff. newly renovated. have used them in the past ... very comfortable. Very accomidating for early or late arrival. very affordable. Tv was alittle old and rermote needed new batteries... but was an easy fix...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
palmyra va
Reviewed July 7, 2012

very clean hotel room, tv is a little old but its ok, great customer service beds are comfortable

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Expect to see people who use the place as "cheap" housing and their pets. It's kind of an odd place to live, but I think they're getting government aid to do so. Everything seemed pretty clean. There was a pretty old TV in there, which I'm fine with. What was a bit bothersome, however, was that our lock was not working at first, so we had to ask the guys at the front desk (both of whom were very nice) to help us out. If I remember correctly, he was going to give us a new room with a working door lock because even he couldn't figure out what was going on, but then it just started working.

Room Tip: Make sure that your door works, and maybe see if you can get a room that's away from the people...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I didn't have any issues during my stay. The place was convenient and was within my budget.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Winder, Georgia
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I wanted to give this hotel a chance even though there was some lousy reviews in the last year. As of 6/3/2012, here is what you can expect: Dirty sheets. Sheets with stains. bugs under the sheets. burn marks in the mattress and mattress pads.

I went there with guarded optimism. I was checked into room 301. The first thing I did was check the bed. There was obvious long hairs in the sheets. There were no mattress pads, The bedding had burn holes in it. I found one bug under the sheets. I'm not saying it was a bedbug because I know what bedbugs look like, and this was more like a weevil. But it's still a bug.....

Complianed to the manager on duty, who was very apologetic. He brought me down to 310. I went in, accompanied by him, and when I pulled back the sheets, they were also stained and dirty too. I was stunned that he thought this was better. I demanded a refund and got it, and I told him he needed to spend some money on new linens.

Don't stay here. I would have slept in my SUV before subjecting myself to the filth of this place.

Room Tip: If your funds dictate that you must stay here, CHECK the bedding first.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo