“Not bad”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Expect to see people who use the place as "cheap" housing and their pets. It's kind of an odd place to live, but I think they're getting government aid to do so. Everything seemed pretty clean. There was a pretty old TV in there, which I'm fine with. What was a bit bothersome, however, was that our lock was not working at first, so we had to ask the guys at the front desk (both of whom were very nice) to help us out. If I remember correctly, he was going to give us a new room with a working door lock because even he couldn't figure out what was going on, but then it just started working.

Room Tip: Make sure that your door works, and maybe see if you can get a room that's away from the people...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I didn't have any issues during my stay. The place was convenient and was within my budget.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I wanted to give this hotel a chance even though there was some lousy reviews in the last year. As of 6/3/2012, here is what you can expect: Dirty sheets. Sheets with stains. bugs under the sheets. burn marks in the mattress and mattress pads.

I went there with guarded optimism. I was checked into room 301. The first thing I did was check the bed. There was obvious long hairs in the sheets. There were no mattress pads, The bedding had burn holes in it. I found one bug under the sheets. I'm not saying it was a bedbug because I know what bedbugs look like, and this was more like a weevil. But it's still a bug.....

Complianed to the manager on duty, who was very apologetic. He brought me down to 310. I went in, accompanied by him, and when I pulled back the sheets, they were also stained and dirty too. I was stunned that he thought this was better. I demanded a refund and got it, and I told him he needed to spend some money on new linens.

Don't stay here. I would have slept in my SUV before subjecting myself to the filth of this place.

Room Tip: If your funds dictate that you must stay here, CHECK the bedding first.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank resmith85
Reviewed June 2, 2012

ive stayed here many times and i get great service and a clean room always its a great price and Ike is very nice and helps out when i need anything

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Upon arrival for a 5 night booking, was greeted nice enough by the weekend evening desk clerk. Had a major issue when he entered the wrong amount for our credit card (quite a huge error) and did not know how to fix it but assured me that someone on the day shift the following day could correct.... fine, accepted that and went to the assigned room........ very dark, old and in need of upgrades.....even though econo lodge is an "economy" hotel, we expect at least clean livable somewhat modern conditions so wife and I decided to NOT check in and moved to another hotel. Location of this econo lodge in in a not so great part of the town...

We have used Econo Lodge facilities in the past and were quite satisfied but this place needs HELP.......... The internet description of the place is NOT a true representation what it is.....

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Spartim
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The service was great and Ike was very helpful.The room was clean and the price was unbeliveable cheap. Will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2012

This place is disgusting! My room nd friends room were both infested w bed bugs. The reviews on here r probably written by the hotel staff bc this place is a dump and I wouldn't stay here again if u paid me. I travel very often for work and this is the worst hotel ive ever been to. Everything they advertise is all lies. So if u wanna stay in a bed w dirty sheets from the ppl before u nd bugs crawling on then this is definitely the place to stay. there are hotels nearby that offer so much more for a good price like WiFi, pool, waffle house, clean beds nd rooms, good customer service etc.

• Stayed: May 2012