“All-Around Greatness”

Ranked #46 of 407 Restaurants in Frederick
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed August 26, 2013

There are very few places that I will frequent and Greek Aroma is one of them. I have been met with cordial and efficient staff members who take the time to get our orders correct. They are not afraid to ask if we want something a specific way or let us know we forgot our cup on the counter. They have always greeted us with smiles and friendly conversation. This is one of those places that actually remembers my name when I walk in to order. I highly recommend this place for great food, good atmosphere and reasonable prices.

1  Thank Garth P
Greekaroma, Owner at Greek Aroma, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. Our staff works really hard to make our customers feel welcomed. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

This is one of those places where the food is so good that if you don't mind paying high prices for small portions and bad service, this is your place!
I know times are hard but there is no reason to use cheap styrofoam plates and cheap plastic ware. The tast of the food only goes - the service and prices count a lot towards someone choosing to go there.
My suggestion - find somwhere better and there are other choices in Frederick.

1  Thank TravelLover786

I am sorry that we were not up to your expections, we are always trying to find new ways to improve our service at Greek Aroma, your comments will be taking into consideration. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have eaten Greek food at numerous restaurants, but the food at Greek Aroma is, by far, the best I've ever had. The dishes are high-quality and the food is seasoned perfectly. The service has always been fast & friendly. I was even able to meet the owner who was very lovely & seems to be present & involved in every aspect of the business. I will continue to return to Greek Aroma time and time again!

3  Thank AlisonBrecher

Thank you so much for your review, hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had high expectations for that rare find in Maryland, namely, a Greek restaurant outside of Baltimore. The food was of average quality with the exception of the humus which was largely unseasoned and tastless.

The problem with the restaurant were the high prices and misleading, even deceptive, menu descriptions. For example, my wife and myself frequently split a lunch and we therefore ordered the "Mediterranean platter" composed of hummas, rice, GRAPE LEAVES (plural), lettuce, feta, sauce and lamb ($12.95). At this price we expected reasonable, if not generous, portion sizes. We were dismayed when we received the entire meal on a small oval styrofoam plate; only one dolma (grape leaf), not several. The hummus was served in a condiment container, the type one usually receives tarter sauce or ketchup!.. at best two tablespoons. Four small cubes of very chewy overcooked grilled lamd rounded out the dish. The only ingredient in abundance was the iceberg lettuce. We brought to the attention of the server the menu error. We were told it was gramatically incorrect to refer to a grape leaf (singular). No apology, no attempt to offer an additional leaf without a $.50 charge.

My son ordered the Chicken Souvlaki sandwich. ($6.95) . He could barely locate the four bouillon-sized chicken morsels hidden under the mound of iceberg lettuce. No sauce on the side, ungrilled pita bread slathered in oil (olive?). He was dissapointed.

This is fast food at restaurant level prices. And Greek?. We didn't think so... more of an hommage to iceburg lettuce. AVOID THIS PLACE. IT IS A TOTAL RIP-OFF..

1  Thank james v
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I had the grape leaf appetizer and the chicken kabob platter for dinner a few nights ago. It was a little more than I wanted to spend on a restaurant that doesn't have waiters/waitresses, but the food was really good. Everything tasted fresh, and flavorful. I especially enjoyed the rice.

Overall, I enjoyed the food, and will probably go back again.

1  Thank Amanda K

Thank you for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again.