“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Volt

Volt
Reserve with OpenTable
Volt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 398 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Street
Description: VOLT offers guests a menu of modern American cuisine. The focus of our cuisine is based on classic flavor combinations, creating sophisticated dishes that emphasize purity and seasonal flavors that are based on fundamental and innovative cooking techniques. VOLT's relationship with local artisan farmers ensures availability of products to fulfill the philosophy behind the menu, in a refined, historic venue where classic meets modern. By design, the restaurant follows along the original footprint of the mansions first floor parlors. Both the 38 seat main dining room and the bar/lounge open off the foyer. The original mosaic tile in the foyer was the inspiration behind the warm monochromatic color palette that adorns the finishes in VOLT. Private dining can be hosted in the conservatory offering views of the expansive courtyard. The 700 square foot kitchen afforded space to include up to 20 guests.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

#2 on my list for best restaurants (up against WD-50 in New York City). I give Volt an excellent rating because of the overall experience and presentation of their art (food). My girlfriend and I came to this place for my 30th birthday and had dinner at Table 21. Make sure you have plenty of time to spare as it'll take about 3-4 hours for your dinner experience. We ended up having 21 courses (one to four bites for each plate) plus wine which you can share the wine pairing (helps bring the cost down a little bit). The waiter was very knowledgeable with the food and wine on each course. Anyway, had reservations at 5:30p and was out of there by 8:30p. Overall the experience was great and the food was amazing with different spices to make each dish a whole new experience. The place may be a little pretentious as a lady next to us said, "this place is too fancy for me." I'll be back when I can.

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic garden and service; food nice but underwhelming!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

They have a beautiful patio and the service was excellent. The food was good but we had higher expectations. Overall, I'd recommend it, but I think it's a bit overpriced for the quality of the food. The ambiance is wonderful, though, so perhaps that's worth paying for.

The coffee cake parting gift was a lovely touch; unfortunately it is incredibly sweet!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Frederick, Maryland
“An Honest review mostly of the bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Okay, so, today I am writing more about our visit today even though my boyfriend and I have been here several times in the past. Today, we met up with my best friend and her husband in the bar area. It was a lovely time. The atmosphere in the bar area is chill and comfortable enough that we spent a good amount of time on their comfy couches, benches, and chairs. Today, we had some cocktails, beer and sodas along with really nice desserts. I had a peach dessert with a sorbet and an ice cream and my boyfriend had a chocolate dessert that had so many components I can't remember but it was good and I am not a chocolate person. My boyfriend and I usually share dishes and usually there are leftovers when we go out but the plates were clean after tonight. Service was fine and we had a lovely time in the bar area. I find we enjoy eating in the bar area more than the actual dining room. Maybe because it is just as good but more low key for us. We have eaten in the dining room previously and yes, it was really good. It is definitely an experience but you can taste the wonderfulness of the food in a more (dare to say less intimidating) comfy environment by eating in the bar. I would still recommend a special occasion meal in the dining room to experience the multiple course menu (quite nice!) but go ahead and just try Volt in the bar if the multiple course or the prices steer you away. Just try it ...there is a reason why Bryan Voltaggio made it on Top Chef and while I believe he spends more time at Range and Aggios at Chevy Chase Pavillion now, take a trip here. This is where it all started. I was fortunate enough to eat here when it first opened and I knew this was something that was special. I think after all my visits and what I know, best bet and value is to try Volt by eating at the bar first. If you are blown away, then venture in the dining room. Just a recommendation because it is pricey in the dining room but I will not deny the fact that my boyfriend and I had a wonderful meal experience in the dining room when we went in the past. Undoubtedly good foodie food that is presented in such a way that you might even want to take a picture :)

Sykesville, MD
“Girls Day Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

Come for the service and the food. It's not just a meal, it's an experience. The staff are professional like in Europe. They want you to enjoy your time at the Volt. Meals delivered to your party at the same time by multiple staff. Classy. The restaurant was immaculately clean, as was the bathroom. See into the kitchen as you walk by. The hostess was wonderful and offered suggestions and help with our next visit. We'll come back with more ladies next time.

Frederick, Maryland
“Special Times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

This is a truly intimate, romantic, yet not overly stuffy place to share a special occasion or just splurge on yourself. You are treated like royalty while enjoying a non-rushed multi-course meal. Sommelier is knowledgeable and wine prices for all ranges. Be bold in your choices for maximum reward.

• Visited November 2013