“Amazing experience!”
Review of Volt

Volt
Reserve with OpenTable
Volt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 405 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Street
Description: VOLT offers guests a menu of modern American cuisine. The focus of our cuisine is based on classic flavor combinations, creating sophisticated dishes that emphasize purity and seasonal flavors that are based on fundamental and innovative cooking techniques. VOLT's relationship with local artisan farmers ensures availability of products to fulfill the philosophy behind the menu, in a refined, historic venue where classic meets modern. By design, the restaurant follows along the original footprint of the mansions first floor parlors. Both the 38 seat main dining room and the bar/lounge open off the foyer. The original mosaic tile in the foyer was the inspiration behind the warm monochromatic color palette that adorns the finishes in VOLT. Private dining can be hosted in the conservatory offering views of the expansive courtyard. The 700 square foot kitchen afforded space to include up to 20 guests.
Reviewed July 23, 2011

This was our THE BEST dining experience ever! Three of us went to VOLT for a birthday dinner and truly enjoyed every moment of the visit. The menu selection included something for every taste. Each dish was delicious and artfully presented. The dining room staff is very well trained and provided excellent service. We will be returning to VOLT.

There are newer reviews for Volt

Reviewed July 4, 2011

My wife and I returned to Volt in downtown Frederick, MD for our annual anniversary lunch. While the understated, semi-casual appearance and feel of the place has not changed, neither has the quality of the food and the attentiveness of the service staff.
We both enjoyed the 3 course prix fix luncheon - a reminder by the wait staff that tuna and hanger steak had an add-on charge wasn't necessary (if you can read a menu, and end up at Volt, you should be focused on food, not price).
When you order the 3 course lunch, be certain to order different items from your parterr, so you can share flavors!
I started with the beets and carrots in "coffee dirt" (too intriguing to pass up!) and settled in to the Wattle Farms pork for my main dish - how refreshing that you get to specify how you want pork cooked now; I had mine medium rare (I'll go rare next time!). This ain't your cryovac packed grocery store pork! It tastes like real pork, with earthy beluga lentils below... Followed with the goat cheese cake and Volt blend coffee, I had enough to eat, but left feeling comfortable, not "full"; the kitchen staff understands that you don't need to supersize portions to satisfy a diner.
My wife had a buttery piece of halibut with soy foam, and a mascarpone gelato and apple concoction for dessert - she loved every bite. She's a bit of a Brian Voltaggio groupie - had to go to the restroom like three times just to see if he was in the kitchen (he was!) - if you go for a meal, don't expect face time with a celeb. chef - he's working, not gladhanding his way around the dining room - that's how I want my meal prepared; carefully, bursting with flavor and with the knowledge that it's backed up by the talent of a chef on the level of Mr. Voltaggio. If you're in Frederick and you want to sit, converse and dine for a couple of hours, then you should try Volt (and nobody thinks it's goofy to take pictures of your plate - everybody does it!)

1  Thank RAHHLH
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We had a wonderful lunch. Great value for the prix fixe 3 course lunch. Very fresh, light ingredients. We didn't leave feeling weighed down. Lovely atmosphere and friendly staff. The only downside was the apple dessert. I think it could use some work. Definitely worth the drive from DC for a great meal.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

My husband and I have been trying to get into Volt ever since Chef Brian Voltaggio put it on the map with his Top Chef appearance. It did not disappoint; we did the Chef's Kitchen menu of 6-courses with wine pairings, and everything was delicious. The vegetables were so fresh, the presentation delightful, and the meal was full of surprises. The only negative I would have to write is that the meal feels very 'busy'. Perhaps it was because we were in the kitchen and could watch the chefs work, but that becomes background after awhile. There were many servers constantly switching out silverware and glasses in what seemed like a 5-minute rotation of every table. The beginning part of the meal felt a bit rushed; I would have sacraficed a course to have the pace slow a bit.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

Four of us had Sunday brunch at Volt on a spectacular June day to celebrate three closely timed birthdays. The drive to Frederick from the DC area was scenic, and the pre-lunch walk around Frederick very enjoyable. It's my second lunch at Volt in the last year, and, as usual, it was wonderful. Everyone's food was very tasty, and perhaps because it was Sunday there was even more variety on the fixed price menu. Locals have told me that lunch is the best value at Volt, so maybe I'd feel different at dinner, but we all agreed that $35 for the three course meal, plus delicious rolls and pastries, was a reasonable value. I've read some of the complaints about Volt, and all I can say is it's too bad others didn't feel like they had quite the experience we had. And as for all of the foodies who say they get better food in DC, I wish they'd post specifics because I've eaten at a lot of great restaurants in DC and I still think Volt is a step above.

1  Thank cameraman612