“Exactly the Same: Excellent”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chipotle Mexican Grill
Ranked #155 of 405 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 27, 2014

OK, OK, we all know that Chipotle Mexican Grills are pretty much standard wherever you go, right? Same discouraging long lines of hungry patrons; same hard, uncomfortable chairs; same assortment of expensive bottled beverages. Even the same acoustically-challenged bare walls, ceilings, and floors force you to shout across the table so that your dining companion can hear you ask them how their same meal is. But let’s face it, you don’t go to Chipotle's for the ambiance or charm. We all go there for the same reason that I went to the Chipotle’s on Buckeystown Pike in Frederick: The excellent Mexican meal.

To be quite honest with you, I just can’t bring myself to contribute to the tip jar conveniently located by the cashier. It’s not that I don’t tip. I consider myself quite the tipper, in fact. It’s just in Chipotle's, there just isn’t any real service in the joint that justifies a tip. Sure, there are the servers stationed behind the conveyor-belt food bar, where attendants dip healthy helpings of beans, meat, cheese, sour cream, romaine lettuce, guacamole, and some artificial-looking tofu concoction called "sofritas." (I don’t touch the stuff.) In fact, I can’t honestly say that I have even seen an attendant clean the tables. I know it must happen. The tables don’t clean themselves, after all. I just haven’t seen it happen.

And I always have the same thing: Salad with "barbacoa" and cheese, sour cream, hot sauce and guacamole. Yesterday, I had the same the meal as always, and the quality was exactly the same: Excellent. Oh, and an expensive bottled peach beverage. It was peachy.

There are newer reviews for Chipotle Mexican Grill

Reviewed August 25, 2014

never disappointed with chipotle. line moved quick portions were a little small. Workers were very friendly. store was clean and inviting.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Went there to eat and while waiting in line placing my order someone that work there came from the back and jumped ahead of me and ordered his food. I said excuse me, but got a strange look. He got his food very quickly, but I and the people behind me waited a little longer too be served. This heavy set employee should have waited until there was no one in line.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Of the 2 Frederick locations, I went to the one at Westview Promenade. Typical Chipotle but you van have a healthy meal which is good value. I especially like the Sofritas.

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

My daughter, granddaughter, and I went to lunch at Chipotle. It was about 1:15 pm so I expected it to be busy. I was excited to eat there because Chipotle is considered to provide "clean" food.
The noise level in the restaurant was extremely high. I have no problem with a busy environment with music etc, but the music was so loud that people had to almost yell to be heard over it.
The food service line workers were rushed (understandably) but lacked in any kind of warmth.
My meal, a salad with chicken, rice, black beans, guacamole, and sour cream was over priced. There was no information that I could see on combo prices, so I was shocked when my meal of salad, chips and water came to $12 in what is basically a fast food restaurant.
The meal itself was unimpressive to say the least. The guacamole had huge chunks of avocado that required a knife and fork to cut. The sour cream was like liquid, and the lettuce had chunks of stem in it. The flavor overall was extremely bland. (And I'm a complete wimp when it comes to spiciness, so when I say bland, it's BLAND.)
My granddaughter's quesadilla was nothing more than a tortilla folded in half with a little bit of cheese melted in the middle. I'm not sure what the cost was, my daughter paid for their food.
I have always heard such good things about Chipotle so I was very disappointed to have such a let down. Maybe I'll try a different location another time.