“Perfect for Anniversary or Anyime”

Red Horse Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Horse Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #109 of 405 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Linden Ave
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have enjoyed the Red Horse on many occasions including our anniversary and birthdays. It's also a great place to visit and meet people at the bar area. We have enjoyed the food and the staff/servers have been fantastic every time (though we miss Charlie, now that he has retired).

Donnie almost always get the prime rib (love the end cut). It is juicy, flavorful, and wonderfully prepared and Tammy has been loving their salmon as of late. For appetizers, try the fried pickles; they're delicious! Also, oysters on the half shell is great. Get them at happy hour at the bar for half price!!!!!

There are newer reviews for Red Horse Steak House

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We ware seeking nice place to have dinner red horse sounds good so we payed a visit,the place it self is nice and cozy the service was great, however the food was BAD......The Onion soup was horrible was nothing like I ever had,onions ware mot cooked but crunchy,very little cheese,the Bread in the soup was hard and old the soup tasted sour.next I had a salad which was soaked in dressing very soggy.Thani proceed for the Maryland crab cakes well this topped it all very little crab cake size wise full of breading very LITTLE CRAB MEAT well at $31.00 main dish to eat bread it's a beet much I thing that the restaurant was very pricey for the quality of this food Sorry Never Again

1  Thank shalom36
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Service: Excellent. Our server was one of the best I've ever had. He was friendly and patient, ready and willing to answer all of our questions. He even started to bring me my salad but noticed I was still eating an appetizer so held it back until a little later. There aren't many places or servers that will do that. He was around whenever we needed him, but not too much so as to be a nuisance. All of the other staff were timely in taking away our finished dishes and replenishing our drinks when needed.

Food: My steak was good, not the greatest I've ever had. The same can be said about their crab cake. They have some sort of steak topping made with spinach, blue cheese and bacon, emphasis on the spinach. I couldn't see my steak because of how much spinach they loaded on top of it. The caesar salad was especially good though.

Value: I found the food a bit pricey for how it tasted but the restaurant makes up for it when you add up everything else.

Atmosphere: Great place if you like horses as you feel like you're in a barn. It's a dark intimate setting with a bit of an old fashioned feel to it. Another thing we noticed was you could see the chef cooking up the steaks from your table which was cool.

Families with children may like the little red horse heads they have on the base of the stairs outside the restaurant. They may also like the three full bodied red horses that are also outside the restaurant. All the staff is very friendly around young children.

Special occasions: If you've never been here before, yes, give it a try for your special occasion. Just remember to bring your stacks of money.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The place is dark and old fashioned. The food was good enough, but really not worth the prices. The service was good. None of it enough to make me want to return.

1  Thank margaritasinmexi
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Have eaten here many times. The food is always good there salads are crisp and the dressing are excellent. The meat is cooked where you can watch it being grilled and recently seems better than ever. The have something called a Red Horse Cocktail it is a very sweet drink that will just mellow you out after a hard day.

1  Thank grant h