“Nate the Manager ruined the experience”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #189 of 423 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I'll try to keep this as short as possible. Here goes...

I ordered a double crown on the rocks before dinner. The drink showed up in the same glass as the water glasses, full and light in color. So, it was either watered down or it sat too long in a lot of ice, ice melted...watered down.

I asked for a double in a separate glass and ice in another so that I could show the waitress before she took the original, the color difference and also the volume.

Nate the manager stops by and says, "Hi, I understand we have a conflict" My thoughts were, how rude of you. " We" have a conflict? I asked him his thoughts on the drink. He told me that it's not watered down and that he can't comp me and if I wanted another, I'd have to pay for both. WTF? Who said anything about a comp? What a jerk!

That spiraled into my daughter getting her chocolate milk with very little syrup and not mixed. Even after I tried to mix it up, she didn't want it. Must have received her lack of taste buds from her father since she couldn't taste the chocolate milk.

Our food arrive, mine was barely warm. Overall, a crappy experience. Not sure how Nate got the manager position but he needs some remedial training.

1  Thank TravelingJJD

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Our food was excellent! We ordered a number of different dishes and everyone in our party thought the food perfectly prepared. Our service was slow but food made up for it.

1  Thank Jimnyduacti
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We visited again because of a really good coupon and were seeing a movie next door. Rochelle was our server and she was perfect. Friendly, prompt, got the orders right, extra warm bread, half price wine (their summer promotion), checked the table frequently without being intrusive, and always very polite. She is one of the few people I have ever given a 25% tip to and she well deserved it. The food itself was great too. Well presented, prepared just right, still hot, and large portions. I have seldom enjoyed all aspects of a restaurant meal more than I did that one. Rochelle's manager, take note and give her a bonus!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Service was quick from host to table and stayed that way throughout the visit. Menu was ample and food was good. 1/2 price wine was being offered, so I definitely took advantage of that!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We took our grandsons to dinner today. What a disappointment!!! The service was sooooo slo-o-o-w. We had to ask for the kid's menu 3 times before we finally got them. We should have known that the evening was not going to get any better. The children's chicken finger meal was so overcooked that our grandson could not eat it. My eggplant "parm" was burned. Our waitress never came back to our table to see if everying was OK. She presented the bill and "blew it off" about the burned food. We have visited this location for the last time.