“Hops and Hops, with side of Hops”

Barley and Hops Brewery
Ranked #44 of 423 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Description: Barley and Hops is the winner of the Maryland Comptroller's Cup for Maryland's Top Beer of 2016 – along with 20 other medals, seven being Gold! After coming under new ownership in the past year, B&H has totally revamped its craft beer offerings and food! “We can promise you that our service and food offerings match the high quality beers we produce. In with the new, out with the old!!” A locally owned business with a working in-house brewery, B&H sources many of its food and craft beer supplies from other local businesses. Just a few minutes outside of downtown Frederick, come in and see us at Barley and Hops, where a passion for beer, food and fun is a way of life!
Reviewed May 27, 2013

It had been almost 10 months since we were here for dinner ... and my mouth is still burning. EVERYTHING on the menu tastes the same - burger covered in Hops, fries covered in Hops, Fish covered in Hops. No distinct flavors - just over-seasoned, average food. Restaurant was clean. Staff was decent. No wait to be seated. Menu items too pricey.

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Arrived here about 8pm on a Friday. We were seated immediately which was a pleasant surprise given the people standing at or near the host station. The seats to our booth were unpadded and flat so as to make for a very uncomfortable perch while dining. Our waitress seemed good at first. When we asked for a few more minutes to read over the menu, it seemed as though she forgot about us. The table wasn't set for three so it wasn't until our entrees were delivered that we had a chance to ask for another set of flatware and a napkin. Our waitress was extremely neglectful and at least twice passed by our table grabbing a used glass or finished salad from the table without even stopping to ask how we were doing. It was a very unprofessional move. The food was, as my husband said, extraordinarily average. We received someone else's check and had to track ours down. I would not go back nor would I recommend anyone making a special trip. If it weren't for a decent brown ale, I would not be as generous in my review. A big disappointment.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went here for an early Sunday lunch. After walking into the place, it seemed much more upscale than I thought it would be, which is a good thing. Our server, Olivia, was friendly and helpful. Our table shared an appetizer of potato skins and I ordered the Jucy Lucy with sweet potato fries. All of the food was delicious. I didn't have any of the beers but two of my friends that did enjoyed them. I'm definitely coming back here next time I'm in Frederick.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Have enjoyed this restaurant in the past. Staff is excellent, prices average, food good and selection of beers good. Will go back to have a meal or two.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've been to B&H a few times now and each time things seem to get better and better. I went with friends this time and had the special Pesto Salmon, and others had the NY Strip and various other dishes. The salmon was awesome, fresh and went beyond my expectations for taste. The steak was perfectly done and nearly as good as I can do on my own grill (nobody beats my own), and service was quite good. We arrived just before the peak hour on a Saturday and had no problem finding a table and getting served within a reasonable amount of time. Nobody was dissatisfied in any way....so I would definitely say I will be back again. There's something on the menu for most every taste too. The only thing I could suggest is that they hang some soft surface items on the walls or from the ceiling to dampen the echos...aside from that...A+/

2  Thank jfwilder

Been to Barley and Hops Brewery? Share your experiences!