“Average”

Cuisines: American, Greek
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Typically my husband and I love the Mountain View Diner. We typically visit the one in Charlestown, but decided to hit up the Frederick location while we were driving home one day. The service was lackluster and the food was just fair today which was quite surprising. Typically they have large portions and their food is usually delicious!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

This a very amiable place for breakfast. Very friendly server, Fran, who does everything possible to assure you enjoy your morning. Huge menu, good prices. The omelets are worth the visit. Lots of "regulars" makes Mountain View an enjoyable place for breakfast.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Hearty, reasonable and fresh is a best description of the breakfast fare at this classic diner. We were visiting relatives and had breakfast here twice, both times we were pleasantly surprised. On the first occasion I had one egg Benedict with Greek stir fried spinach and freshly made (not from frozen) fried potatoes. Another diner had the traditional 2 eggs Benedict with Canadian bacon and home fries and it was too much to eat. The waitstaff was courteous and prompt. We dined in the sunlit atrium and enjoyed it very much.
I heard there is a different chef at night and my family had not wanted to come for breakfast because they had had a bad evening dining experience. I think they will return for breakfast though!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Large diner with generous portions and good service. We particularly like the Greek offerings. Menu is extensive with something for everyone.

1  Thank MarylandDan
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We had another great breakfast at the Mountain View Dinner, I can not say enough good things about there omelets, home fries and bacon all are perfect. I had not been there for a long time and I had forgotten why I always refer to it as one of my favorite restaurants, nothing fancy just really good tasting food. When my brother and sister-in-law come up from NC they insist on coming here for breakfast one morning. Their food is um um good!

1  Thank charles e