“I like it”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church St
Description: Firestone's Culinary Tavern, opened in 1999, is located in downtown Frederick's picturesque Historic District. It is housed in a 1921 building that was initially the home of Shipley's Department Store. The restaurant combines outstanding cuisine with the casual atmosphere of a neighborhood tavern. The Washington Post says, "the atmosphere is prime...the food is, too!".
Maryland, USA
“I like it”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This place does the farm to fork well. However, there's isn't always one of my favorites on the menu. So do check in advance. Staff can be pretentious, don't know why. My girlfriend and I dress down, but we are professionals and haughty hostess' are ridiculous. Once we arrived early, not seating for dinner yet by five minutes. Had us sit directly in front of the host stand and said they would let us know. They didn't, we had to go ask and then were told there best window seats were reserved though they sat empty for most of our meal. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and pleasant. Quite efficient. We try the new things and usually they are things we wouldn't normally order and mostly they are quite good. Desserts are unique.

Visited September 2013

Frederick, Maryland
“Excellent Brunch”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Heirloom tomato salad for starters, was fresh and delicious. Steak and eggs, T-Bone was cooked a nice medium-rare, egg was a little overdone. I enjoy a little yolk, but not the end of the world. My wife had blueberry stuffed french toast, which she really enjoyed. Overall, this was a really nice meal with a great atmosphere and good music.

• Visited August 2013
Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
“pleasant enough home style cooking”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Pleasant enough, home style cooking. Attentive service.reasonably priced. The kind of place that is always consistent and reliable. Not fine dining but neither is the price. Interesting range of beers.

• Visited September 2013
Hagerstown, Maryland
“A delightful lunch with spectacular server recommendations”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I met an old friend her for lunch; and had not eaten here before. We were seated in the beautiful upstairs loft overlooking Market street. Our server was prompt, but not intrusive, as we had much catching up to do prior to ordering. He suggested the fried oysters, which he said were as good he had ever had when living in New Orleans. We followed his suggestion and were delighted with our meal. The best I've ever had. The only downside; they spoiled me for others. I will be back!!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Manmap
Rochester, New York
“Ok Nightime Bar Scene”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The bar scene in Fredrick is pretty expansive for such a small city. The crowd is pretty calm, the bartenders very uninterested and they don't mix great drinks, but it's all ok. The atmosphere is ok- plenty of places to sit. All in all, could be cool if the people working there would step it up. Just kinda boring,

• Visited June 2013