“Great Brunch!”

Firestone's Culinary Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Firestone's Culinary Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 397 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church St
Description: Firestone's Culinary Tavern, opened in 1999, is located in downtown Frederick's picturesque Historic District. It is housed in a 1921 building that was initially the home of Shipley's Department Store. The restaurant combines outstanding cuisine with the casual atmosphere of a neighborhood tavern. The Washington Post says, "the atmosphere is prime...the food is, too!".
Frederick, MD
“Great Brunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

29 July 2012: Today I had lunch at Firestones Restaurant in Frederick MD with my dad, who took me out for my birthday (which was earlier this month).

I didn't think to make reservations, so we waited 10 minutes or so for a table upstairs (a few high tops were available on the main level of the restaurant). Next time I'll be sure to reserve a table next to the window. However, there was one table near the window that was empty the entire time we were there (1.5 hours), so it was disappointing that we were not seated there.

Firestones has a very nice brunch menu with lots of choices. Dad started with the smoked salmon that was topped with a corn salsa. We asked for some bread for the salmon, which he received thinly sliced garlic toast - perfect.

I had the tuna tartare that came on top of a bed of jullienned cucumber and some sesame crackers. Both were very good and beautifully presented.

For my brunch entree, I had the eggs benedict, which came with Canadian bacon topped with a very light hollandaise sauce. Home fries were included. The eggs were perfectly cooked - runny.

Dad had the crab cake, served with fries and red cabbage. He said the crab cake was good but has had better crab cakes in Annapolis where he lives. Fries were "okay" and the cabbage "just plate decor."

Service from Kris was excellent. He was very friendly, polite, and attentive.

Overall, a lovely brunch with my dad and a place I will return to in the near future

• Visited July 2012

“Good, but overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Good food and great service but not a great selection on the menu and definitely overpriced. There are a bunch of other places in Frederick where you can get more for your money.

2 Thank Dklmorris
Frederick, Maryland
“good food - great venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

We enjoy Firestones every time we go...the food is great and the Sunday brunch is great, espeically if you get the seating on the upper level at the window overlooking main street Frederick.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank J D
Clarksburg, Maryland
“Decent restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

The food is good, but it's a bit on the high side price wise.

“Great cuisine; exceptional service; great for foodies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

This is my favorite local restaurant which I have dined for both casual and special occasions. It is centrally located in downtown Frederick, MD. The downstairs is a lively bar area, which I haven't taken advantage of during Happy Hour, but the upstairs is a dining area overlooking the bar. Everytime I have gone, we have been treated to an amuse bouche (delectable one bite selections from the chef) and a selection of intermezzo sorbets.

The menu is has a great selection of foods ranging from burgers to duck to seafood to aged beef. The appetizing tuna tartare is excellent. My favorite entree is the diver scallops with cauliflower Risotto; although the seafood cioppini with its saffron sauce was also delightful as well. My husband swears by their aged beef. Don't forget about the handcut truffle fries; they are delicious.

This is a great local find that focuses on great food, excellent service and value for the quality of food that they put out. It is a great place for foodies and local cuisine. The average entree is between $25-30, but well worth it!

1 Thank maiy23