“Consistently good”

Firestone's Culinary Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Firestone's Culinary Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 397 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church St
Description: Firestone's Culinary Tavern, opened in 1999, is located in downtown Frederick's picturesque Historic District. It is housed in a 1921 building that was initially the home of Shipley's Department Store. The restaurant combines outstanding cuisine with the casual atmosphere of a neighborhood tavern. The Washington Post says, "the atmosphere is prime...the food is, too!".
Frederick, Maryland
“Consistently good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Food is always good and the service is excellent. They used to serv e a roast beef sandwich on special that my husband really loved, but we always seemed to miss the day they had it, so the waitress took our phone number and called the day before when she knew they were going to be serving it the next day. What more can you ask?

Visited March 2012

Frederick
“Dine if you Have Time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

We dined here a couple of times with a coupon and I have had better experiences. We would have gone in more but twice we went to the door and it wasa so crowded we turned back. The restaurant has two levels, and they are always packed and noisy. The menu is extensive though and if I recall correctly, pretty reasonable. The wait service leaves something to be desired though.

Maryland
“It's been awhile, but I thought the restaurant was noisy and the food just so-so.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were seated upstairs and the noise seemed to travel that way. The service was also slow and not very attentive.

Visited September 2011
Frederick, Maryland
“Food is fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

The food here is fantastic but a little on the pricy side for my taste. I want great taste but on a budget. I only go here during restaurant week where I know I will get my money's worth

Visited June 2011
Washington DC
“Great deviled eggs and hearty lunch in historic bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

The beautifully presented deviled eggs served with roe over tapenade was a delicious appetizer, and the grilled chicken and cheese sandwich and lambburgers were both juicy and hearty. We enjoyed the original wood saloon decor that must have been Victorian era. Nice lunch in a town that offers many great choices.

Visited May 2012