“some better, some best” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Hagerstown, Maryland
“some better, some best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife loves Thai food and we live in Hagerstown, where there are no Thai restaurants. I didn't feel like driving to Montgomery county or DC so I checked out Trip Advisor for Frederick and picked Bsngkok Thai Kitchen based on the reviews here.

Everything was pretty much true, given that you always have the typical malcontent and the ones that say everything was perfect - I take them with a grain of salt.

I will give my personal observations and star ratings - a 5* being awesome based on what we ate there and what we took home for later. We always do this so we have food to eat, without cooking dinner some nights. Total bill before tip was $44.

#7 kanon jeb - steamed dumpling stiffed with pork and shrimp. wasn't freshly made and bland flavor - 3 1/2 *s

#11 larb gai - spicy - marinated ground chicken and other delicious herbs and spices with 1/4 head of iceburg lettuce to peel and make lettuce wrap, if you want. - delicious and fresh - 4 1/2 *s

#13 yum pla muk - spicy - marinated spicy squid tossed in lemon juice,onions,lemon grass and mint leaves. the squid was very tender (not tough and chewey). The main hero in this dish is the lemon, delicate sauce - dee-lish - 5*s

# 16 ped krob - spicy - simply awesome stir fried crispy duck in chilli and garlic sauce topped with crispy basil p I can't wait to go back there soon to get this - 5*s

#28 gaeng kare - spicy (?) - Chicken in sweet yellow curry with tomatoes, onion and potatoes. Maybe it is just me (although my wife agreed) but this curry was way too sweet was not spicy at all - although it was good enough that we ate it all :-) - 3 1/2 *'s

We will be back - soon!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank richardt41181

“Hidden gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

When if Frederick for business I read the good reviews in Tripadvisor and decided to pick up some take out lunch here. I had difficulty finding Bangkok Thai Kitchen as it is set back from the highway in a shopping center and called for directions. Even if they were just opening they promptly answered the phone. ( they are behind the Outback.)
They offered me a drink of water and a seat while I waited, a classic Thai tradition and treated my modest takeout order with importance. The food was great. Satay, steamed buns and curry were in the classic Bangkok tradition. When I am back in Frederick I will return.

1 Thank Otwoma
Walkersville, Maryland
“Yummy, fresh Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

I've tried all the Thai restaurants in Frederick, and this is by far my favorite. If you like "Thai spicy", you will not be disappointed!

Visited November 2011
2 Thank bschiavoni
Northern Virginia
“Solid Thai Choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

Try any of the vermicilli dishes. Also great duck.

2 Thank medsalesguy
Washington
“Very good Thai option in Fredrick”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

Very good food, excellent chicken satay. We went with two children and the staff was very attentive to them. Big TV in dining room was a minus for us. The manager/owner? was very friendly.

• 3 of 5 bubbles