“First timer and will revisit”
Review of Lucky Corner

Lucky Corner
Ranked #3 of 409 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Join us at Lucky Corner Vietnamese Cuisine for authentic Vietnamese dishes in a welcoming atmosphere with excellent service! Come find out why Tripadvisor has named us one of the best local restaurants! Our expansive menu truly has something for everyone, from traditional Pho fans to vegetarians and even kids. Every dish is prepared with the freshest ingredients so that each dish is of the highest quality! Try a chef specialty like Chilean Sea Bass pan seared to perfection and served over sauteed seasonal vegetables or our most popular chicken dish - the spicy Chicken With Chili & Lemongrass. Whatever you choose, our experienced and friendly staff will help to make your dining experience completely enjoyable! Be sure to stop by on Mondays or Tuesdays for 1/2 price wine or if you're a member of the military, you'll always receive 10% off a visit. And when you don't have time to join us, simply call in an order for takeout and we'll have your lunch or dinner ready in no time. When you're craving an authentic Vietnamese dining experience, come to Lucky Corner Vietnamese Cuisine!
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Ordered the duck dumplings, Tom yum soup with shrimp, chicken, chili and lemongrass and salt and pepper tofu. All of it was very good. Probably wouldn't get the soup again though it was tasty. The fried tofu was surprisingly good for a non tofu fan and would order again. The chicken could be an ordering staple and the dumplings were tasty especially the sauce. Look forward to visiting again and getting the pho that everyone raves about.

1  Thank Brett S

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great food. Reasonable prices. Skip the black pepper scallops-get them at Taste of Saigon in Rockville instead. They only have a beer and wine license, no liquor. It gets crowded. Prepare to wait for a table.

1  Thank SJRCPA
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The restaurant serves typical Vietnamese food with flair. It never disapppoints me everytime I eat at this place. With the exception of the price of beer, prices for other beverages are reasonable even for lunch and dinner entree. My favorite entree either for lunch or dinner is Chicken lemongrass with chili (It can be ordered without chili and it is still a great dish). Ask the wait staff to adjust the spicy/heat flavoring to your palate. When I go out to eat and liked the way dishes are cooked and presented, I expect the place to constantly serve dishes with the same initial expectations. This place always provides my expectations. Do not forget to try Beef lemongrass, Triple delight, Chicken in Tamarind, Crispy spring rolls, Thai iced tea, and Coffee. Their menu has a limited listing for dessert. And I have yet to try desserts, therefore, I can not provide any dessert evaluation at this time. The place serves daily specials. On lot car parking can sometimes be a problem but street parking are readily available.

1  Thank curioustotravel
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great staff, very attentive and friendly to go with the wonderful food! We've been there several times now and with each experience it has been delightful! We can't wait to get more, I think we've becoming regulars! The last time we went, I ordered the fish and it was cooked to perfection. We just love it there with the nice, and comfy atmosphere and delicious food. I will give a heads up that it does get crowded there.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I had dinner there for the first time with two friends just the other night and my first impressions were: easy to get to, parking can be tight in the lot but there's free street parking to compensate, cozy atmosphere, light cultural music playing in the background, dim lighting, and a huge menu! The service was pretty slow but my friends and I didn't mind too much cause we had a lot of catching up to do. I ordered the vermicelli with shrimp and hot tea to drink. The hot tea was jasmine green tea and it was delicious. They served it in this cute white tea pot and they even poured me my first mug-full. The vermicelli was delicious. The shrimp were seasoned and grilled with their tails still on; they had a wonderful flavor. The pasta was cooked just right and the carrots and sprouts that came along side the dish added some refreshing crunch. The hidden star of the dish was the sweet/peppery sauce that I poured over the entree. It just brought all the flavors together. I'd get this dish again!

3  Thank jzamostny