“Inventive and really, really good.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 383 Restaurants in Frederick
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Virginia
“Inventive and really, really good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We go to an annual convention in Frederick and we leave early enough to have lunch at The Orchard before it starts. This place uses graet ingredients and has a lot of creativity. There is a section of noodle type dishes, and the sandwiches are great. Nice friendly staff and good service. Oh yeah, the desserts are superb!

• Visited April 2013

Gotham
“Real food lunch - fast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

In town on business, three of us had a tight schedule for lunch - under an hour before a client meeting. The restaurant was very accommodating: we reviewed menu and placed our order while waiting for a table to clear during a busy lunch hour. Very quickly after we were seated at a table, our meals arrived. My portobello pesto sandwich was quite tasty (although messy, as the juices sogged through the bread), one colleague definitely enjoyed his fish burger (the daily special) and the sprouts on the tofu hummus sandwich for my other colleague were clearly fresh. The lime custard desserts that my colleagues ordered arrived at the same time, so there was no delay, and the small taste of the custard was enough to tell me I should have ordered one as well as it was quite tasty, with a carmelized sugar top - I'll know better next time. All three of us ate everything on our plates and agreed we would come back to the Orchard should we be back in town, as the service was friendly and very efficient and the food was fresh and delicious.

• Visited April 2013
Mclean VA
“First visit but not last, I hope”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I met my friend for lunch at the Orchard. The majority of the tables were full and yet there was no noisiness so conversation was easy. My friend ordered the avocado and brie sandwich (grilled with a wonderful aroma) and I had the tofu/hummus sandwich. Our waitress answered questions skillfully. The atmosphere is that of a well-managed, well-run restaurant. There are many vegetarian, vegan selections but it is not completely vegetarian. The whole wheat bread is made fresh daily in-house and was delicious. The same dough is used for rolls and I think the flat bread as well.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank myjourney
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We always eat here when we come to Frederick. We have tried other places and keep returning to the Orchard. I usually get some kind of stir fry with added tofu. My favorite is a curry sauce with veggies, tofu and brown rice. It is rare for a non-Asian restaurant to offer tofu as a choice. My husband usually gets soup (all delicious) and a sandwich. Yesterday though we both had haddock over pasta dressed with a creamy but light tomato sauce with red and green peppers. Disclosure: the haddock was fried, a little smaller than ping pong balls and so very tasty. We have never been disappointed with the Orchard. Staff is very friendly, quick with a smile.

1 Thank Fornelli
Laurel, Maryland
“A healthy and tasty option in Frederick”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Was looking for something a bit different in Frederick including a wide range of vegetarian choices. Stopped in for lunch on a Saturday. Lots of options including vegetarian. Enjoyed a veggie sandwich. Tasted very fresh. Nice atmosphere and
decor plus reasonably priced.

• Visited February 2013