“First visit but not last, I hope”
Review of The Orchard

The Orchard
Ranked #10 of 423 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I met my friend for lunch at the Orchard. The majority of the tables were full and yet there was no noisiness so conversation was easy. My friend ordered the avocado and brie sandwich (grilled with a wonderful aroma) and I had the tofu/hummus sandwich. Our waitress answered questions skillfully. The atmosphere is that of a well-managed, well-run restaurant. There are many vegetarian, vegan selections but it is not completely vegetarian. The whole wheat bread is made fresh daily in-house and was delicious. The same dough is used for rolls and I think the flat bread as well.

1  Thank myjourney

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We always eat here when we come to Frederick. We have tried other places and keep returning to the Orchard. I usually get some kind of stir fry with added tofu. My favorite is a curry sauce with veggies, tofu and brown rice. It is rare for a non-Asian restaurant to offer tofu as a choice. My husband usually gets soup (all delicious) and a sandwich. Yesterday though we both had haddock over pasta dressed with a creamy but light tomato sauce with red and green peppers. Disclosure: the haddock was fried, a little smaller than ping pong balls and so very tasty. We have never been disappointed with the Orchard. Staff is very friendly, quick with a smile.

1  Thank Fornelli
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Was looking for something a bit different in Frederick including a wide range of vegetarian choices. Stopped in for lunch on a Saturday. Lots of options including vegetarian. Enjoyed a veggie sandwich. Tasted very fresh. Nice atmosphere and
decor plus reasonably priced.

1  Thank Deb6554
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Orchard flies under the radar in Frederick, not having the high visibility of Volt or Tasting Room or similar. It's not the big star-studded date location, not the experimental cuisine place or anything flashy. The Orchard is, instead, a well-balanced, dependable and enjoyable experience. It's a great place to go for a leisurely, but not too-slow, dinner with friends or acquaintances, with a reasonably priced menu and a lot of good options to choose from. Try the gnocchi, if it's on the menu that night. The lighting and seating arrangements are functional and calm, with good spacing and a nice laid-back feel. A lot of people will feel the conversation flow here, and just as many will be content to sit back and make a little bit of small talk intermixed with peaceful silences. Overall, the Orchard is a dependable community place - not too much of anything, but enough to fit most everything.

1  Thank HolmB
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The Orchard is a great restaurant. I have been going there for many years. The food is fantastic, fresh, never bland. There are many options without red meat. I love their tempura and stir fries. Their wine list is great and the service is wonderful. You can hold a conversation without shouting.