“Delicious food in generous portions”
Review of The Orchard

The Orchard
Ranked #17 of 405 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We had lunch there today. The vegetarian menu is ample and very well prepared. Service was quick but we didn't feel rushed even during a busy lunch hour. Due to its small size, the place is a little noisy, but the background music was folk so I didn't mind. Considering the portion size, we felt the price was reasonable. Would definitely return when we are in Frederick.

1  Thank Savta3
There are newer reviews for The Orchard

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I checked out the menu online before going, so I wasn't surprised. But I really expected better quality given the whole theme seems to be fresh and healthy.

I ordered the Thai stir fry with chicken added. When my plate arrived, it looked like something that came out of a box. Like one of those asian meals that you add water and microwave...

The bowl looked uninviting. A pile of orange coated stuff with a little pile of raw/cold bean sprouts on top. When I took a bite, it burned my tongue. I have a strong suspicion that my plate got popped into a microwave before being brought to the table. I have never put food in my mouth that was that hot except when I microwave it at home.

The noodles underneath were overcooked and mushy. There was no "Thai" flavor or any hint of expected heat to the dish. In fact the overall flavor of the dish was vaguely Italian. I would almost believe that there was cheese in the sauce.

It wasn't bad, but I won't be returning. The Orchard didn't live up to expectations.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

My Japanese Stir Fry looked more like a bowl of fried rice. Although it was tasty, I would've liked more veggies.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

From the main course, the sides, the drinks, and the deserts, this place has many healthy, but delicious options! My husband and I cannot wait to return!

1  Thank Marie33kl
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The food was decent, but the final bill was more than I thought it was worth.