“Authentic Chesapeake crab picking experience”
Review of May's

May's
Ranked #63 of 409 Restaurants in Frederick
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We go to May's every year for a family outing and have never been disappointed. We generally sit outside in the garden which is nice. Parking is crazy- we arrived at 4 pm on a Sat. to avoid the crowds. This year we ordered all you can eat medium size crabs which I believe were about $ 40 per person. They were hot and seasoned perfectly. Some in our group ordered the jumbo and grumbled because they were about the same size as ours. Waitress was attentive although not in the best mood but we didn't let it bother us. Overall a great experience and special treat for the summer in Maryland.

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Being from further south, we are more into eating crab meat that has been extracted for us than cracking our own. Plenty of folks getting after the whole crabs, but we went for the crab cakes. Honestly the best we have ever had. Virtually no filler, just beautiful white chunks of crab meat. Other seafood was good, but crabs are the way to go here and if you like crab cakes, this is the place. Pass on the hush puppies though! Get them in South Carolina.

1  Thank George S
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Outdoor dining in a beer garden pavilion - perfect for a July evening and for watching patrons smashing crabs with mallets.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Doesn't look like it from the street but this place has some of the best seafood I've had in a while. Not cheep, but worth the price. I had the seafood platter with a little of everything. There were six of us and everyone enjoyed their food.

1  Thank Juull
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I asked for a recommendation from our hotel for great crab cakes. I knew that being in Maryland, that there had to be great crab cakes somewhere. We were not disappointed. May's served me the best crab cakes I have EVER eaten. I got the dinner with two, fried crab cakes. I upgraded one of my sides to be the cream of crab soup. I wanted to lick the bowl clean the soup was so delicious. The crab cakes were light and flakey. I got the hush puppies as my other side and they were small but tasty. My hubby loved the crab cakes as well. If we are ever lucky enough to come back to Frederick, we will be eating at May's again!!!

1  Thank Christiejones

Been to May's? Share your experiences!