“Stick with the crabs”

Ranked #67 of 412 Restaurants in Frederick
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have been going to May's for years. Love the crabs, always well cooked and flavorful. However this last time I made the mistake of ordering off the menu. What a disaster! The waitress was terrible. She brought the crabs for my tablemates while I waited. When I finally tracked her down she admitted she forgot my order. When the crab imperial was finally delivered, it was burnt. When asked, she ordered another one-when it was delivered it was good. Never did get the side order.
Now I know, I will definately stick with ordering their delicious crabs!
They recently remodeled and enlarged their outside patio area-very pleasant.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have had eat-in and carry out steamed crabs from May's and never been disappointed. If you are looking for a fancy, upscale restaurant then don't go. If you are looking for a local, down home seafood restaurant then this is your place.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Our family of 18 had reservation 2 days ago, when we showed up they only had us two tables we told them we needed another table because 18 people is showing up and we won't have enough seats, after our server went to manager(old lady at front desk) we finally got another table.... Ugh... The steamed oyster and steamed shrimp was the worse any of us ever had, Maryland crabs was good, the waiter and waitress was very polite with us... But after the dinner they rang all 18 people on one check and they expected all of us to keep track of our own order and drinks then it was hectic to try and figure sales tax and gratuity ourselves with all 18 of us... To top it all off as we left our family members car was blocked in by two employees cars, we walked in to ask the manager to figure out who blocked her car in and the manger was very VERY RUDE! She said u are parked in employees parking we said their is no signs saying that, she said BUT I NO WHERE THEY PARK.... after not so nice words we walked out and then got harassed by two men who blocked car in. Mays will not get another $900 bill for such poor quality food and server from manager... BAD MANAGMENT!!!!!

2  Thank Randy2747
Reviewed July 7, 2013

May's Seafood Restaurant is a local favorite especially during crab season. They have seasonal specials but they are known for the all you can eat promos. The indoor area is small casual atmosphere sometimes too noisy for my taste but go for the outside eating in the summer evenings. The outdoor eating area has palms, fans and a nice beachy atmosphere with casual picnic table style setting. Be hungry if you are going for all you can eat. Wonderful attentive waitstaff- full bar with local beers...A little pricey but overall good value for the area. You won't find better seafood this far from the coast...Parking is limited but everyone seems to find a place. Enjoy!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

May's is famous for crabs, but we enjoyed other dishes as we aren't crab eaters. A lot of pounding and sucking and smiling was going on at other tables with the huge trays of crabs being served. We enjoyed the broiled scallops and fried flounder. The creamy crab soup was delicious. I think we would go again if we were nearby. Parking was near-impossible and we were able to get in without a reservation, but it was a close thing. This place is hugely popular from what we could tell!

Been to May's? Share your experiences!