“One night stay”

Quality Inn On Historic Route 66
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
“One night stay”
Reviewed October 19, 2005

We stayed for one night on our way to Arizona. The motel is under new ownership/mgmt and they appear to be making renovations. The room was quiet and comfortable. Nothing special. The hot to order breakfast that was complimentary was nice. The inn did not have their liquor license when we stayed, which was a bummer. They were to get it the following week. We ate at their Mexican restaurant for dinner. The Mexican food wasn't very good, but the filet mignon was excellent!! What a surprise.

Stayed October 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 20, 2005

I spent one night at the Quality Inn Barstow. While the room was clean, it was obviously old and could use some renovation. There was train noise but it didn't wake me up once I fell asleep. I did notice a gap at the bottom of the door which let in sound. The water coming out of the sink was white, not clear. The full cooked to order breakfast was a nice change from the usual continental breakfast. I would stay here again if I had to, but I'd look for somewhere better given the choice.

• Stayed June 2005
4 Thank hawaiian717
Reviewed September 30, 2004

Stayed at the Quality Inn last weekend on a trip to L.A and I found that the previous reviews are hard to believe! The customer service was above and beyond! The whole staff treats you like you are a guest at their house, not their hotel. The rooms were clean but could use a little upgrade. My overall experience was good. I would recomended the Quality Inn Barstow to anyone!

They Also give you a FREE HOT BREAKFAST from a resturant on site.(COOK TO ORDER)

Make sure to say HI to John and Veronica at the Front Desk, they will take care of you!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix,AZ
Reviewed September 6, 2004

As soon I saw this place,I could tell it was a dump.
Room was noisy and very unclean. Scary people (Charles Manson lookalikes)just loittering on the second floor balcony near my room. I could smell the smoke from a joint,someone was smoking below.
As a traveler I just want a quiet clean room for the night, with no great expectations.
Bed matress was very uneven and uncomfortable.
The continental breakfast was stale doughnuts and watered down coffee.

Oh ,I forgot to mention the freight trains every 20 minutes blasting loud whistles all through the night.

Avoid Barstow, its a crude place to stay!

Reviewed January 8, 2004

Well, I'll never stay at another "Quality" Inn!! I stayed here last summer (Barstow) and it was mediocre, but cheap. Now it's gone down several notches! There was no light outside my door, which is a big security issue for me, a woman traveling alone and using a cane for mobility. I mentioned it to the management, but nothing changed (including the lightbulb!).

None of the 4 ice machines worked, plumbing made ungodly noises, tile looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months, sheets were old, carpet was questionable. If I hadn't been dead tired from driving, I would have tried to find another place to stay. Suffice it so say, I'll never stay at any of this chain's facilities again. Uggghhh!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member