“One of the best hotels in Barstow”

Quality Inn On Historic Route 66
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Clean and quite, friendly staff close to restaurants and easy access from / too freeways.
On site restaurant is so very good, will use this hotel again when traveling on business. And definitely a good choice when in Barstow....

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is the place to stay when you just need a quick, clean place in Barstow. It is about half the price of places on Lenwood Rd.... quiet, good pool, nice grounds, and an excellent cook-to-order breakfast is included. We never heard any train noise, and we are very sound sensitive. Beds were small----queen size is really like a double---our only complaint.

Room Tip: No elevator, but top floor is probably best if you don't want the noise of people over you.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tal12
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Pluses: Excellent front desk customer service from Christine, who's very patient and professional; free hot breakfast in onsite restaurant; free 24 Hour Fitness access (which I didn't use, but helpful); Room was comfy with working AC; TV was new flat-screen with plenty of channels, including all the Showtime's under the sun; I love parking right outside my room and not having to manuever my bags through a lobby and up an elevator!

Negatives: Very slow service at breakfast (I wonder if it's because I used a voucher); Room radio didn't work; Someone's pet, apparently kept overnight in a vehicle, was screaming for a while around 3AM, but stopped when I opened my front door to investigate (owner was probably with it, saw me and perhaps took it indoors??); No security walking the property.

Bonus Tips: Look for and collect those Hotel Coupon magazines from Dennys and elsewhere, as the walk-in price I got from them, was better than any I could find on the internet!

Also, this hotel offers a price guarantee matching any local competitor's rate if you show a check-out receipt from the other place, proving you stayed and left to give QI a chance. CALL AHEAD FOR INFO ON THIS!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank et1964
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stopping in Barstow is never ideal, and in previous years we have had some bad luck with our accommodation choices! The Quality Inn is certainly the best value place we have stayed there, with comfortable rooms and a cook-to-order hot breakfast. It is very close to restaurants and a grocery store (just don't go to the Walmart - the scariest Walmart I have ever been to!)

The rooms were a good size, with comfortable beds and a fridge. For the best sleep, ask for a room without an adjoining door and try not to use the air conditioner (really loud!). If you have kids, or don't want to carry your luggage upstairs, ask for a ground floor room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without an adjoining door1
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I found this hotel to be old and not-so-clean. Also, I waited forever just to check in. To be specific: we saw stains on the chair, had a dirty towel, a strand of hair in the sink. In addition, the ice machine close to our room was broken. On the positive side, the grounds were well kept.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2012

barstow is not the best of places to stay in but for us it is a convenience stop on our twice yearly motorcycle trip to the states,we stopped here going down caifornia and were so impressed with this motel we stopped again going back up for our flight back from san francisco,a very pleasant young receptionist booked us in then upgraded us to a room looking on to the courtyard which has seats outside where we sat out and had a beer in the warm moonlight the ,there is an excellant onsite resturant where breakfast is served cooked to order included in the room price,also it has its own bar/resturant so you dont have to go out to eat, we will certanly stay here again

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank bosshog1
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I had been traveling for over ten days at several hotels, this was the most quiet and relaxful stay out of all of them. Plus the restaurant attached has great food! Beds were comfy and service in lobby great.

• Stayed: July 2012