“There are better options” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Barstow

Econo Lodge Barstow
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
Oliver, Canada
“There are better options”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Why we chose this place I don't know - went brain dead for a moment.

The room was musty, we struggled to get hot water in the morning and the continental breakfast was barely worth eating.

Barstow itself is dying - absolutely nothing downtown.

Next time we will pay closer attention to the tripadvisor reviews and ratings - there are lots of motels in the same area as this one and I think we could have done a whole lot better for the same or a better price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
econolodgebarstow, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Barstow, responded to this review, April 19, 2016
I am sorry to hear that your did not have a completely comfortable stay at our hotel we are now informed the management about your concerns regarding with your request which didn't grant your comfort and convenience are our top priorities.I do thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I assure you that we are correcting this issue for improved convenience in future visits.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Spokane
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

This facility was average all the way around! Accommodations were average, price was average, service was average and the location, to me, was somewhat off the freeways. What more can I say. I'd probably look for other options in the future.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry to hear that your did not have a completely comfortable stay at our hotel. Your observations are well noted and we will find a solution to this issue so we can offer you or any other guests a better experience in the future.
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

This place looked really boring at first sight, but it soon grew on me since it turned out to be hosted by one of the friendliest motel owners I've ever met. I stayed here just one night, as me and my dad were passing through on our way from Las Vegas to Los Angeles.

The room was nice overall, a bit worn down maybe, but had comfy beds and a good size TV. The bathroom in particular looked like it had seen better days, but everything was clean so there wasn't really much to complain about.

However, there is one reason greater than any other why I would definitively recommend this motel to people - the owner and his family. In the morning, me and my dad had (free) breakfast in the main office area and this friendly little hindu man gave us some good advice as to what we could do in the area before leaving. When my dad left to get our car, I stayed and talked to him about India, and he gave me a whole list of things to do (and not to do) there, since I told him I've always wanted to go there but felt a bit unsure of how to go about it.

Overall: average motel and good value for money - GREAT management and customer service!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Linamundi
We are so pleased to learn that our staff and management team were able to help you enjoy your stay and found the accommodations and service to be satisfactory. Our primary aim is to give you a comfortable and accommodating experience, and we are very pleased to hear of our success in this ambition. We are glad your stay was comfortable and we look forward to your next visit!
Taby, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Reasonably priced, very friendly staff and the room was clean and well maintained. Good value for money. Pool was clean and the simple lobby breakfast was okay. We had a problem with the hotel WiFi which staff took care of instantly. Overall the management made a very friendly impression.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Stefan L
I am so glad to hear from you and to discover that you enjoyed your stay with us so much.It is very rewarding to hear your perspective of our hotel and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again.
Kelowna, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I guess we were more tired than I figured as I think we were hallucinating when we chose this motel. Not only was it on the edge of the seedier part of town but the motel must have had much much better days. A little more attention to maintenance would go a long way here. One thing I have no complaint about is the personality of the management. He was so very personable!!! The free breakfast was attrocious. There are ways to keep costs down and still provide a decent continental breakfast.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
I'm very glad to learn that you enjoyed such a pleasant experience with our staff and
management team. Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. Know that your voice is important to us and that we are addressing the issues that you indicated in an effort to improve upon the guest experience at our hotel. We greatly appreciate your time in bringing a number of important matters to light and we hope that you will find your expectations to be far surpassed during your next stay with us.

Travelers are raving about these Barstow hotels

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Had a night in the econo .. the guy at the desk was very friendly and helpful.

this place is ok for one night ..its cheap and comfortable but lacks the extra oomph that's need it to make it a really good place to stay .
Better attention needs to be paid to cleanliness.
I really don't want to be to hard on the econo cos the owner tried really hard to please .

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate that you've taken the time to share the ways that we have impressed you and the ways that we can improve we want you to know that the matters you mentioned are being addressed to our management. I do thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I assure you that we are correcting this issue for improved convenience in future visits.
Naples, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were in this motel for 1 night and it was more than enough. We arrived at the reception and there was a dead insect on the floor.Ok the hotel was cheap but this doesn't justify the dust, rubbish under the bed and the rust under the sink..there was some object forgotten under the bed!
There was the breakfast included but it would have been better not to include it. Orange juice was like colored water and there was almost nothing to eat. We had breakfast at Denny's just across the street (we suggest it also for dinner).
Just one positive thing: the guy at the reception was helpful and gave us some useful tips.

• 1 of 5 bubbles