Tripadvisor
Barstow
1,054 results
All reviews provide ear plugs train tracks pastry room was clean light sleeper sausage would stay here again convenient location hot breakfast road trip waffles front desk staff los angeles main street nice stay coffee maker great breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed January 18, 2020

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL! The employees are very rude, condescending, and confrontational. All the way up to the General Manager when I called to complain. She called me "hun" and hung up on me. I have never been treated this way by any establishment. I expected when I called to complain that Best Western would take it seriously and be just as offended as I was, but it seems to be a joke to them.

The hotel did not have a crib as advertised and requested. My husband arrived and explained to the employee, Laura, that he was at the end of a very long day, he had just traveled a long distance and signed the papers to put his mom into hospice. He asked if he could have a free night since it was advertised - that way he could go buy a travel crib so the baby would have somewhere to sleep. She responded by telling him "IF I WERE YOU I WOULD HAVE PREPARED BETTER." She ended up calling security on him. I know you're probably reading this and thinking 'well the husband was probably yelling and being rude.'..because that would at least make sense for the employee to treat him that way. but he was not. I was on the phone for a portion of this interaction and after dealing with his mom's health issues, he was already beaten down. To add Laura's behavior on top of that, how terrible. I complained to the general manager, Hope Islas, and had to email her twice before she responded. When I finally talked to her, she immediately had an attitude, called me "hun" and hung up on me. I am shocked at how Best Western has handled this and expected much more from them. It is not okay to have a business and treat people this way, or just treat people this way period.

1  Thank whitneyt980
GM_Front_Desk, General Manager at Best Western Desert Villa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2020

Dear Whitney,
Thank you for reaching out to us again. As we have previously mentioned online and when speaking over the phone, we are sincerely sorry that our efforts to make amends has not met your expectations. Unfortunately, when a reservation is made through a third-party site, some aspects of this reservation are out of our control. We apologize for any miscommunication that occurred. When our team informed your husband that we did not have the requested amenity, that was a truthful statement. We strive to maintain a respectful environment for both our guests and our staff. Thank you for sharing your comments. Our team wishes you all the best going forward.

Reviewed January 11, 2020

I got the basics of what I needed: a safe, warm, comfortable room to call my own for a night. The room was clean and comfortable. The location was a bit edgy with train tracks on one side, the highway on another, and an empty lot fenced off on yet another side.

Breakfast was freshly prepared by helpful and pleasant staff. The night and morning front desk staff were friendly and helpful, as well.

There's even a business center (aka computer in the corner attached to a printer) for guest use.

Room tip: The further from the front desk the quieter the room will be, but only by a little.
Date of stay: January 2020
GM_Front_Desk, General Manager at Best Western Desert Villa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Dear Kit,
Thank you for commending our cozy room and friendly service.
It was a pleasure serving you during your time in the area, and we hope you come back soon for another pleasant stay!

Reviewed January 11, 2020

After spending a night in a small dirty motel in Mojave, Best Western in Barstow, CA felt like an oasis of high quality and hospitality standards.

All - initial greetings, room, bathroom, breakfast was good!

Thank you, BW, keep a good work!
You could rely on this chain.

Dear Lily,
Thank you for your lovely comments on our comfy accommodations and great hospitality.
We hope you can savor more of our tasty breakfast the next time you visit us at Best Western Desert Villa Inn!

Reviewed January 9, 2020

Fully equipped, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, Kleenex, flat screen TV. Open air swimming pool we did not use, right on the freeway but we were in the wing away from the freeway so there was noise but it did not bother us . USA today in lobby, good wi-fi, fully controllable a/c. But of course all plastic glasses and utensils in breakfast and rooms.

Date of stay: January 2020
GM_Front_Desk, General Manager at Best Western Desert Villa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2020

Dear Gary,
It makes us proud that you appreciated our well-equipped accommodations.
We can't thank you enough for staying with us at Best Western Desert Villa Inn, and we'd love to serve you again for another enjoyable experience!

Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

..and have never had a bad experience. It’s clean, bed made w/o a bedspread which translates as clean bed. The heater/ac unit is a bit noisy but we couldn’t hear the trains passing through town so it ends up being background white noise. Barstow is synonyms with trains so it’s hard to get around the click clack of wheels against the rails no matter where you stay.

Trip type: Traveled with family
GM_Front_Desk, General Manager at Best Western Desert Villa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2020

Thank you for being a loyal patron and for recently staying at Best Western Desert Villa Inn. Despite some minor inconveniences, we are happy that our well-maintained accommodations have been perfect for your needs for the past five years and counting. We look forward to delivering the full-value experience that you've known us for when your travels bring you back our way.