It was advertised that they had DSL in all the rooms and it turned out they did not. We were moved to a second room with DSL and that room's air conditioner did not work. So, we used the DSL and then move back to the original room. Very inconvenient.
The lobby is currently under construction. This hotel is used by many blue collar workers and railroad workers and the nonsense whistling by men from the balconies was annoying.
The room had the advertised refrigerator and hair dryer and ironing board and pretty new bedding. Our favorite way to evaluate a room is to see if they have fitted sheets. This Best Western did we were pleased to find out.
Barstow is a pretty lonely town mostly for overnighters on their way somewhere else. There is not much to pick from for hotels here, so this was ok, but not the best of the Best Westerns. They need to improve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Best Western Desert Villa Inn, conveniently located in the heart to downtown Barstow on Route 66, California. Whether you're traveling to Barstow or just passing through, you can rest assured that you've made the right choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Best Western, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Desert Villa Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Desert Villa Hotel Barstow
- Best Western Desert Hotel
- Best Western Barstow
- Barstow Best Western