Overall, the Desert Villa Inn met or exceeded my expectations. I had some concerns about the potential noise based on other reviews and the fact that there were earplugs provided in the room; however, I didn't notice any noise during the night and slept fine, so the rooms must have good sound insulation. Only after I walked out of the room in the morning did I see how close it was to the rail line and freeway (Note that if you are rail buff it's a great hotel - I saw a UP & a BNSF train pass by as I was eating breakfast). The room was well appointed and clean. I had a king bed room so there was space for a sofa and table which gave me a nice spot to work from (much better than sitting on the bed) while I watched TV. Breakfast and the breakfast room was pretty typical - warming tray with eggs & sausage, waffle maker, bread, bagels, muffins, juice, coffee, TV tuned to CNN, etc. - nothing gourmet, but quick and easy to get in and out with more than enough selection and quantity to keep you going until lunch. I'd recommend this hotel (actually a traditional open walkway motel) to others, and I would stay at it again if I'm in Barstow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Best Western Desert Villa Inn, conveniently located in the heart to downtown Barstow on Route 66, California. Whether you're traveling to Barstow or just passing through, you can rest assured that you've made the right choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Best Western, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Desert Villa Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Desert Villa Hotel Barstow
- Best Western Desert Hotel
- Best Western Barstow
- Barstow Best Western