“Pricey for the location but its clean quiet and staff is top notch”

Hampton Inn & Suites Barstow
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have been staying here recently for business. Location is good right by the Tanger Outlet mall and many fast food chains. Hotel itself is clean, comfortable, rooms are decent size with standard Hampton furnishings. Front desk staff are wonderful, some of the best of all the Hampton Inn's I have been at, you ask and you have it, top notch there. Breakfast once again is standard Hampton Inn fare. Hotel does fill up fast, Barstow is a stopping point for Vegas and there is also military bases around the area so that contributes to that factor. The high room rate is something I am not sure of why, maybe due to the above mentioned location and military base. Compared to the other hotels in the area I will pay it but it does cause one to ponder.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I recently spent a night at the Hampton in Barstow on my way to San Francisco. I didn't arrive until 1am but when departing the next morning I noticed my U-Haul trucks gas guage seemed low compared to when I parked just a few hours earlier. After driving across the street to fill up my truck I discovered the fuel hose had been cut between the fuel inlet and the fuel tank (during the night) and most of the fuel had been siphoned out of the truck. The U-Haul truck parked just beside mine had a window smashed and items had been stolen out of that truck. The front desk said "sorry there is nothing we can do" and Hilton HHonors guest services told me the same thing. I would think Hilton would stand up for customer care and the safety of their guests and the guests personal property. I was told this hotel only has one working security camera which is located at the front desk. The hotel itself was nice but the security of the parking lot is horrible.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Airway_13
fullofbarstowinfo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Barstow, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate your speed in bringing this incident to my attention which allowed me to follow up with our security team and local law enforcement agency regarding your incident.
The safety of our guests is a top priority, which is why the hotel is equipped with security cameras at all entrances and exits, elevator lobbies and other public areas. Unfortunately, there are unscrupulous folks in this world who will prey on others regardless of the safety measures put in place. For this I am sorry and truly empathize with you regarding the loss of your items.
I am happy you enjoyed the hotel itself and I am hopeful you will try us again the next time you are in the Barstow area.
Respectfully,
M. Bond-GM

Reviewed January 29, 2013

If found the hotel to be clean, comfortable, with an Excellent staff. Price was a little high I thought for the locale. However, it was worth it to have a very clean and nice place. I could hear people in the hall from my room and didn't like that.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

There are plenty of places to stay in Barstow proper, but the newer ones are located on I-15 a few miles south of town in a developed area that includes a large outlet mall. The Hampton is very good; with a location at the end of the area where it is the most quiet. Everything works, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, the breakfast is good, and free, the staff is well-trained and skillful. Nice outdoor pool and spa. There are several restaurants, most of the fast-food and/or chain variety in the area, so you don't have to go back into Barstow to eat. There is a large military presence around Barstow, so the hotel gets many military guests. My only complaint is the high room rate, even with a AAA or senior discount and maybe they have to make up for giving the military guests a lower rate. The quiet location may change soon, though. There is a sign across the street announcing a coming casino and resort. You might want to check its progress and think about how that will change things for the Hampton.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I've stayed at this Hampton Inn and Suites before and know that there are no tubs in these rooms unless you request one with a jacuzzi. I did and the suite had a balcony as well. I was able to watch the sunrise the next morning from my balcony. Hampton Inn & Suites has done a good job with providing a hot breakfast at their hotels. It was the typical fare of bagel toppers and waffles. They also had a steak and eggs combination that really didn't look all that appetizing, but they had enough other choices that it didn't matter. Overall, I'd stay here again since it's the right price for the stay.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a tub, choose a room that has a jacuzzi in it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I've stayed in Barstow on about 5 different occasions and this hotel is the best option. The location is convenient, near the outlets, gas stations and near multiple restaurants. Everything that you need is within walking distance. The property is nice, set aside from everything so it lends itself for a quiet stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Just off the freeway in Barstow, this is the first hotel you'll spot. It's a good Hampton Inn. Clean. Big rooms. Great breakfast served already from 5 am. There are a couple of fast food restaurants in the area for a quick/easy bite. 3-4 gas stations too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business