“Comfortable, friendly, nicely appointed hotel.”

Rodeway Inn Barstow
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
Reviewed March 28, 2010

We arrived very early after driving just from Las Vegas, and our room was not ready. The desk clerk quickly went to get her mother so that they could both help the maid finish our room in a hurry, so we would not have to wait long. The room looked very new, and it had two queen beds, a rather quiet air conditioner that included some settings in degrees, a refrigerator and a microwave, a coffee-maker, an iron and ironing board, and much more. One of the first things I saw was a cute elephant towel-animal, similar to those seen on cruise ships but not in hotels. There were many other nice touches such as a towel butterfly that held the bathroom items, and a bright bouquet of silk flowers on the table. The location is convenient to many restaurants and gas stations, and a Von's is just across the street. The desk clerk offered us 10% discounts to several local restaurants, and we used this at the Sizzler. They gave us a simple, but adequate continental breakfast and they are in the process of building a two-story addition next to the office which will include a room for a hot breakfast. This hotel is family-owned. They seem to be constantly trying to find ways to upgrade the facility, which certainly shows pride of ownership. We look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 25, 2010

I chose this property based on the reviews here and I wasn't disappointed. In this price range the property is an excellent value. Very clean and well run with little extras in the room. The fine family that runs it were very helpful and made my time in the area fun. I recommend it to all!

Reviewed February 15, 2010

After presenting a coupon that entitled me to a night's stay for about $44, I unlocked the door and was pleasantly flabbergasted. My room was spiffy -- new, clean, comfortable and amazingly well-appointed for a place whose prices are in the mid to low range for lodgings in Barstow.

The young lady behind the desk was smart and helpful, and the wi-fi service was a bonus. The clerk explained that prices here are more reasonable because they don't offer a pool, continental breakfast or other extras. Well, who cares -- for the price I paid and the value I received, I'll happily buy breakfast at a local restaurant. This was hands-down the best lodging experience I had on my 9-day Route 66 trip from New Mexico to California.

(Note: I got my coupon, which saved me about $15, from a free newsprint booklet that was available at the Ludlow (California) Cafe and other businesses along old Route 66. You could also simply call the hotel and ask if they still offer this type of coupon and if so, where you can find it.)

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2009

My wife and I chose the Rodeway in Barstow using a motel guide book.
It was excellent. The lady in reception (Nikkie?) was so cheerful, obliging and helpful, and her husband(Roger?) just the same.
The place was exceptionally clean and well presented, and the comprehensive facilities were perfect for our needs.
As English folk abroad, we really appreciated the quality, service and value for money of this motel, and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone interested.
Thankyou, Nikkie and Roger.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bogmoth
Reviewed October 28, 2009

Stayed here 3 nights. Great to have a no smoking motel. Room was large and clean and appointed with ironing board and iron, hair dryer, refrigerator and microwave. The comfortable king-sized bed had two different types of pillows(total of 3 pillows) (I always bring my own when traveling), and the air conditioner was quickly effective. There was a coffee maker thing, too (I don't drink coffee so can't say too much about that). It was quiet there even though they were full the first night we stayed. I did not hear any noise from other rooms. Centrally located with grocery store and dollar store directly across the street and many restaurants within walking distance. Staff was friendly and accommodating. The price was right and I will always stay here when I am visiting Barstow.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank barstowauntie
Reviewed October 25, 2009

We always come back here when we travel through Barstow every year. The owners are a very kind couple who go out of their way to accommodate us and make our stay happy and comfortable. We have had nothing but good experiences staying at the Rodeway Inn in Barstow, and we've been staying there for several years now. The rooms are nice, beds and pillows comfortable. A nice place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank Kathy9595
Reviewed October 6, 2009

Very surprised and very pleased with staff and room. Room was much better than expected, price was right, and would definitely stay there again. Can't say enough nice things about the accomodations.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple