“Excellent value”

Rodeway Inn Barstow
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We highly recommend the Rodeway Inn in Barstow, California. An older building that has been completely renovated pretty recently, it provides a clean and comfortable room for an extremely reasonable price. There are some nice little extras like the towels folded into little elephants (very clever) and the blueberry waffles that the owner will happily make you for breakfast. I have never stayed at a hotel where the owners were more friendly and eager to make you welcome and comfortable. We absolutely would stay again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nancy K

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Had to stay here at a last minute's notice. That was because there was an accident on I15 near Baker. Originally, I believe, all lanes on I15, in both directions, were closed. My wife easily booked the reservation directly at Rodeway Inn's website. She could not get any better deal with Priceline.com. Used my AAA card to get a discount.
The place is clean and quiet. The owners/managers are very nice and helpful. Only negative was that I could smell the clearning solvents used in the room. Note, that I am somewhat chemically sensitive. The manager offered me another room, but it would probably be the same, so I thanked him but declined his offer. Still, I had a good sleep. I would recommend and even come back to this motel. It may be a little higher priced but you get what you pay for!

Room Tip: I always suggest the top floor. Also, check the room when you get in before you start using it. Gi...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mrivney
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was the eighth stop (August 2nd) in our Route 66 drive from St. Louis to LA with a family of four. Check in was painless, and the owner's wife (or maybe she was the owner) working the desk was a very friendly woman. However, we were a bit surprised when we went into our room. It seemed strange to us that the refrigerator and microwave were unplugged, as if the room hadn't been used in a while. The pillows were filthy, and there was no way we were going to lay our heads on them. The aforementioned woman was more than happy to replace all the pillows with brand new pillows still wrapped in the plastic. She was very apologetic, and she also helped us plug a gap in the door that was letting in noise and heat from the outside. Beyond that the room was OK. The pool was clean, and the view of the surrounding desert terrain was nice. The motel is about a 3 minute walk across the street from an excellent Mexican restaurant, Lola's Kitchen. We really enjoyed the delicious complimentary breakfast in the morning. We appreciate the effort and the hospitality of the owners. Not a bad place to stay for $82.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dave H
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Very good service for a simple and correct hotel. Everything you need to spend one night. I have to stand out the service specially in breakfast. Space for breakfast is reduced but thanks to the service it is very good.

Rest is good and silently.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oriolrius
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed here as a stop over on the way to Bryce Canyon. The hotel was easy to find even without a gps and was within walking distance of a selection of restaurants, some of which had discounts if you yold them you were staying at this hotel. The woman on reception was very friendly and helped us when we got locked out of our car! She was also nice and chatty over breakfast in the morning. The room was a good size and clean with the nice edition of the towels fashioned into elephants! We made use of the gym which was a great bonus for the hotel. The breakfast was very good- the best continental we've been offered whilst in the US! Overall this place is excellent value for money and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Me and a couple of friends stopped by at this inn on the way to Las Vegas. We rested here for the night in the middle of July during our road trip and during my 10 days of road tripping, this inn was by far the best! The staff are extremely friendly and ready to make your stay completely enjoyable! I am completely serious, talk to them about anything! The pool is nice but the highlight is the VIEW!!! You can see a gorgeous sunset amongst the mountains and the inn is somewhat on a hill that looks over the whole town and valley! It is a very quiet place, and with this relaxing surrounding, it is not surprising that I had the best sleep ever! In the morning, I truly found out why this inn is worth reviewing. We went to eat breakfast in the lobby, and this inn had more variety of foods than any other inn we stayed by far!!!This is the only inn where we got to eat a proper breakfast!!! And the staff was very kind in assisting with the breakfast!!! They even turned the AC on in our room just before we came! This inn is THE BEST!!! Choose it for sure!!! If the staff is reading this, thank you.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Six of us stayed in two rooms here recently. Upon checking in, Nikkie insisted on placing us in adjacent rooms even though it meant upgrading one of our rooms (at no extra charge). Although this is not a brand new motel, the rooms were well-maintained, clean, quiet and comfortable. You can tell that the owners Roger and Nikkie take great pride in their motel as the entire property is clean and in good condition.
In the morning, Roger was in the breakfast area making waffles (with blueberries if you like) and was talking to all the guests the whole time. For a continental breakfast, there was a good selection including the waffles, fresh bagels and breads, yogurt, etc. Also different types of juices and several gourmet coffees (caramel macchiato, espresso, cappuccino, and more). I was impressed with the pride that this couple puts into providing their guests with great service, you don't see that very often these days.
The next time I need to stay in Barstow, I will definitely stay here. I enjoyed the stay and had a good time talking with the owners.

Room Tip: The southernmost rooms on the top floor may not be the best just because they're located at the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family