“Good Food, Good Price”

Plata's Mexican Food
Ranked #46 of 108 Restaurants in Barstow
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I've eaten breakfast here a few times when in Barstow. It is good food for a good price. It isn't fancy, but offers good home style cooking, and the set up allows you to see into the kitchen which I like when I'm eating a hole in the wall kind of places so I can see its cleanliness with my own eyes.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

These chain of restaurants are family owned by different members of the family. Each one is unique but they all seem to have a very authentic home cooked, layed back feeling? Nothing very fancy but it does taste good. Fills the belly.

Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Always a good place for lunch. Good food at good prices and well air conditioned.
Enough to make up for being in barstow to start with.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I didn't think I would ever give 5 stars to a Mexican restaurant, but this place deserves it! As a senior citizen I can say I have eaten at many many Mexican restaurant over the years but the food here was "out of this world", in quality, flavor, appearance and taste. They make their own chips which were light and airy with a wonderful crunch and the salsa was 6 star. All fresh ingredients. This is a family operation in existence for 37 years and the attractive young lady behind the counter said she was 3rd generation and that they had 3 other branches around town. I ate a green chili burrito that had to have a pound of meat in it, juicy, tasty, a delight on the palate. My wife had a carne assada burrito with potatoes added, equally wonderful and heavy with fresh ingredients. A side of refried beans was amazingly flavorful, never tasted beans that good before. We plan to stop by there again on our way home Labor Day weekend and try some of their other dishes.

3  Thank Lloyd B
Reviewed June 5, 2012

No atmosphere, order at the counter, sit at simple tables, very inexpensive, been there for years per another customer, 20 types of burritos, 4 types of quesadillas, 7 types of nachos, etc. It was a simple supper but very good! Location is off the main drives in a simple bright yellow block building.