Driving back from Las Vegas, my wife was getting hungry. We were driving down Main St., and saw the Canton Restaurant. She kinda hemmed and hawed, I said "Looks busy...there's lots of cars around it". So, we stopped in.
1. The owner greeted us, seemed very friendly (almost maniacally friendly!).
2. The restaurant wasn't the dirtiest one I've ever been in, but it was far from the cleanest. Under the front counter was a lot of, eh, stuff cluttering the area, and several bottles of liquor were thrown into the mix.
3. Prices were within reason for what you were ordering.
We ordered the house special Fish and Chips. My wife substituted fried rice for the french fries. The meal came with a salad, soup and drink (no refills on soda).
1. Soup was Egg Drop Soup. Almost no egg, bland tasting.
2. Salad was Dole Bag Salad, very watery. I ordered Blue Cheese dressing, got Ranch. And really watery Ranch dressing at that!
3. Wife said Fried Rice was good.
4. Fries were pretty ordinary...crinkle cut fries, the kind you got at every Route 66 diner when I was a kid, back when Route 66 actually existed. Seemed a little underdone.
5. My wife complains about the local H. Salt fish and chips place. The fish here made her nostalgic for our H. Salt.
Maybe we hit them on an off day...seemed like there was a lot of business. Other reviewers seem to like them better than us, then again, the latest review is two years ago.