See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 2, 2017

I wouldn't book my worst enemy into this place. It is a felony waiting to happen. There is no desk, a clerk or any kind of staff that I could see. When you turn on the lights in the room, the roaches are scattering. I got there at 11pm and after seeing the room, I left and drove to LA. I was given a refund by the booking company.

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed October 19, 2016

I am not surprised that for the price, we wouldn't find the room in best shape. After going out and buying bed sheets and cleaning products, what shocked me the most is finding a broken crack pipe under the bed. I brought my children with me, thank God I cleaned before they even walked in. Regardless my horrible experience, the room included a nightstand, TV with cable, microwave, mini fridge, and dining table. The bathroom was in bad shape as you can tell previous visitors left cigarette burns everywhere. No shampoo or soap was provided. We did not use any air conditioning as it was cold, but none the less it was there.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2016

First off, this is NOT the "Route 66 Motel" on the west side of downtown. This is a name knockoff of it and in no way associated with it. Are others confusing their reviews between locations? Because roach motel would exceed expectations on this place.

Greasy floor, BLOODY and filthy mattress, orange construction electrical cord going across the room to the circa early 90s TV, crayon? markings on the wall, and the loosely draped cloth window drape has a very noticeable hole in it. I didn't even unpack...tiptoed (lest I get any of the grime on me) out of the room and willingly spent another $50 at another motel. 2d time in 26 years of adulthood that I've turned down a room...THAT disgusting.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank icarian
Reviewed May 29, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here with a couple of mates on route to Vegas, was very cheap, spacious, comfortable and clean. Wifi was a little hit and miss but it might have been because we were in the end unit.
It was a quirky place with friendly staff and a perfect little night stop off. Would stay here again. Thanks.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Mattz00r
Reviewed May 26, 2016

Are most motels too generic to leave much impression on your memory? Feel the nice inns are too cushy? Think the chain hotels are too sterile? Then the Rt. 66 Barstow might be for you.

It's hard to generalize for all rooms from a single stay, but room #1 [an ADA-spec room, even if I didn't verify the entire path from parking lot to door for compliance] is a bit on the grim side, but I appreciated the working A/C, TV, fridge, microwave, and low-grade WiFi [better than none...]. The drapes didn't match any carpet - there was none - nor the bedspread. But the sheets and towels were clean.

If Barton Fink had met some Blue Sky, he might've done his writing here - in this Mojave Desert haunt - without much distraction from Charlie....

Room tip: No views, street noise high near street.
Date of stay: May 2016