“Got Lucky.........”

Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
houlton, wi
“Got Lucky.........”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

While driving to Morro Bay I decided I had to stop for a rest in Barstow, CA. Did I get lucky. Not knowing anything about the town I was in the dark as to finding a hotel. I just picked one not knowing how it would be. I happen to pick Route 66 Barstow Hotel. Very nice clean place to lay my head. Best of all the service was great. Mr Khan was the best host I have ever had. He was the best. Thanks Mr Khan.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cotacachi, Ecuador
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is a very average room but, very clean. The beds were comfortable and Kahn is very nice. You can't beat the rates. If you are looking for a great deal but no frills, this is the place. I left my pillows and Kahn is holding them for me when I return next week.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Seabrook, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Nice motel with great service we enjoy with group this great motel with friendly staff and its a clean property with nice queen & double rooms easy access to near by attraction , i recommend all

Keep it up good job

sam khan & friends

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We had lost our bank card and cell phone when we checked into the Route 66 Barstow Hotel on 921 E Main St in Barstow, CA. Despite this lack of obvious credit, the owner and staff treated us with great kindness and consideration, letting us borrow their phones, advancing even cash to us, until the time (a few days later) when our new bank card and cell phone was promised to arrive. This is a kind of traditional hospitality one only reads about in ancient books. An unbelievable expression of great humanity and generosity from another age! Mr. Khan and staff will take care of you as if you were part of their family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Norbert P
Midlands, UK
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in numerous budget hotels in the American south west and until now have always been fine. This place is a total dive. It is dirty (see photos posted) and has quite clearly not been cleaned properly, if at all. There are mucky finger prints all over the doors. The room smells of stale cigarettes. The tap is broken. The towels are inadequate. Do not stay here. Despite its cheap price, it is way too expensive.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Sumbalumba

Travelers are raving about these Barstow hotels

Red Mesa, AZ
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I booked through Expedia and when I arrived, hookers were looking for business in the area surrounding. THE PROPRIETORS WERE EXTREMELY NICE and that is why I give it two stars instead of one. The room smelled like funk and an eye-watering overabundance of artificial rose scent. The bed had black hairs on the sheets. I stayed because I was dead tired. I was glad I had a sleeping bag and pillow with me. Just remembering this place makes me feel sad.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo