“Area Manager Trip”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Barstow-Outlet Center
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The front desk staff is great. They greet you with a smile which is nice after a stressful day. The staff in the breakfast area were helpful and the coffee was fresh. Keep up the
GREAT SERVICE God BLESS.

Room Tip: Get a room facing yhe pool area. It's opposite the highway noise, whivh is not the much of an i...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 29, 2014

While my house was being worked on, I needed a place to stay for 2 weeks. I contacted this Holiday Inn before any other hotel. The price they quoted me was excellent. The work ethics of everyone there was over and above the other hotels in the area. The grounds, the rooms, the hotel were all very clean. This is a hotel that I will visit again. Thanks!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I often stay in this area on the way from one place or the other, or when visiting the Mojave National Preserve. On my recent trip, I stayed in this hotel for the first time and found it to be very good, with a large, spacious and quiet room, a good view, and usual amenities. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the hot breakfast standard but good, and the price reasonable. Keep in mind that Barstow is expensive, which seems counter-intuitive, but it's an only game in town kind of place, so be prepared. Reserve well in advance.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This team is great! Everyone on board from Wesley, Nichole, to Executive Room Inspector Joann, and all staff encountered always received us with a smile. They had a nice manager's reception during the week, which i heard Nichole has improved her slicing skills ;) , it was very inviting. My partner and I always pass by to see our friends and family in LA and always had the temptation to stay here. Boy, we are glad that we did! Great job to everyone and maybe we will see you again soon! BTW The Hilton property behind them had horrible service upon walk in and we walked back out...Stay here!

Room Tip: Stay in a room facing the pool area.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed here 2 nights based on TA reviews while exploring in the area. I was not disappointed. This property is located near the Outlets, away from downtown and the train yards. There are several fast food chains nearby, along with a Chili's and Denny's. At least 4 gas station/convenience stores. The lobby includes 2 computers for guest use and a printer for printing boarding passes. The staff were all welcoming and friendly. My room was a typical HIE room, this one with both a fridge and microwave, clean and comfortable. The wifi worked well in my room. Breakfast was also the typical HIE fare, eggs (scrambled and/or hard boiled), a meat of some kind (Sausage or bacon), biscuits and gravy, cold cereals, yogurts, pastries, toast, bagels. My stay was quiet and I wouldn't hesitate in staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Had some trouble with my map application saying this hotel was on main street, but it's actually over by the outlets. Fortunately this location seems further away from the train tracks than other comparable chains on main street.

Room Tip: The outlet mall has some bus parking on the side away from the freeway, so I'm not sure if a par...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel when traveling from Las Vegas to Santa Barbara. I used points from my IHG membership.
We had a room with two queen beds. The room size was OK and clean. Parking, wi-fi and breakfast was complimentary. There was a guest laundry, which is perfect in order to catch up on the dirty loads while on a road trip. They sell some snack and soda in the lobby.
There isn´t much to do in Barstow, but good place to stop just to crash if you have a long drive. The hotel is quite close to the Barstow factory outlets.
The staff was friendly!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Vestfoldgirl
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Barstow-Outlet Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Vestfoldgirl,

We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay.

I am glad to read that you were pleased with the services we provide. One of the greatest rewards is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff takes pride in creating a memorable, exceptional experience for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Dhan M