All reviews old cars round bed classic cars step back in time neon sign room was clean glory days stay overnight the main drag coffee machine free wifi fridge and microwave las vegas great place to stay memorabilia nostalgic motel
Reviewed December 19, 2012

i like the old motels .it was clean had a walk in shower that was great . but i traveled with my dad in the 60 and 70s and awalys liked them.o well i think there neat? part of history of a time years ago

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank r_mcalhoun
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Ok, most of the reviews are right, this is not the nicest and most clean hotel in the area...but it's not that bad, considering the price. Personally my bed was clean and the room heating was working well (it was pretty cold outside that night). Restroom was not so clean. The hotelier was nice. I would recommend this motel for just some hours of rest while driving on the 66route, not for a longer stay, but yes, for just One night - and if You are not too cheeky- it is OK.

Date of stay: November 2012
Reviewed October 3, 2012

In the event that you've decided to drive all or part of Route 66, be sure to plan for an overnight stay at the Route 66 Motel in Barstow, California. This a unique motel with the ambiance of earlier times on the old road. Rusted antique automobiles and miscellaneous machinery from yesteryear adorn the courtyard and wandering around the place at sunset brings back memories of driving across the nation on two-lane roads with an evaporative "air conditioner" attached to the side window and a canvas water bag hanging from the front bumper. The motel is mom and pop owned and operated and in this case, mom and pop are very interesting people. It's a step back in time that I think you'll enjoy.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank rt66traveler
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was a late night choice - appeared ok at first and circle bed is quirky until i found a long dark hair in the sheets. Followed by plenty of hairs in the shower and toenail clippings on the floor. The roomy bathroom has absolutely nowhere to hang a towel or clothes and given all the rubbish on the floor i didnt really want to leave anything on the floor. Also had to go back to reception as no towels provided.

I wanted to like this place but it really needed a good clean and felt run down. Even the old display cars looked rubbishy as they were filled with junk.

I would avoid staying here unless you dont mind dirty hotel rooms

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank supergibby
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Rolling across the desert, this was the first place I came to after I decided I was done driving for the night. A very friendly reception from the owner, who provided sample size toothpaste in foil and a half size Old Spice deodorant, and told me he would put me in the quiet room! My lucky day, I thought, and entering the 9x9 room I knew it really was my lucky day, the bed was round. So for under $45 including tax, I had the score of the year! being on my own it was kind of an empty score!
The owner's collection of dilapidated cars and Route 66 memorabilia in the parking lot were slightly less run down than room. The washroom , while clean , was lacking that one essential washroom necessity- toilet paper, none to be found, and of course you don't notice that until its too late.
To his credit the owner's " quiet room" proved true, once I found the sweet spot in circle and had a good sleep.
I guess this is what travel motels were like when Route 66 was the only highway across America, but times have changed and this place is well past it's sell-by date, an experience, but one not to be repeated.

Room tip: No such thing as a good room, but I guess you have to ask for a quiet room
Date of stay: April 2012