“Terrific find in Barstow”

Rosita's Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 104 Restaurants in Barstow
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Sacramento, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrific find in Barstow”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were passing through Barstow and we were hungry. Got off the freeway and just started searching. Barstow has apparently fallen on hard times, judging from the condition of its main street (lots of vacant commercial properties, many run-down). We drove up and down until we saw Rosita's. What a pleasant surprise and a great find. The guacamole, salsa, and salads were excellent. The corn chips, fried in vegetable oil, were very nice. My fish taco was very good. However, my friend said the chicken in his chicken taco was a little dry. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Overall, a wonderful find (in a somewhat bleak town). I'd eat there again.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank OneSolarGal

Agoura Hills, California
“Great stop to/from Vegas”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My sister and I stopped here on our way to Vegas. Great stop especially for me because I wasn't driving and the margarita's are delicious. The food was very good. The owner was there and was so pleasant to talk with. The only complaint my sis had was the cup of albondigas soup had only a half of a meatball. No biggie, it was still really good. We wanted to stop there on our way home but didn't get the chance. It's a keeper for our next trip. P.S. The only reason I rated the value a 4 was because of the meatball.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank anne c
Brussels, Belgium
“Porterhouse was awful should have tried Mexican food”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We went based on our hotel recommendation and were about alone that evening. Having chosen meat iso typical Mex food I must say that we were quite disappointed: tasteless, hard, ...
But then we saw a fe local Hispanos seeming to enjoy what they got ...
Perhaps we just choose the wrong line in the menu?

Visited May 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great food in Barstow”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We ate here while passing thru on our eastbound route66 journey. We were there pretty near closing time but we still received great service and awesome Mexican food. The food was warm and freshly prepared. We ate a lot of meals while on the road and this was a pleasant surprise.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank wildflower514
Apple Valley, California
“Just Awful”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Some of my friends like it, some do not so I went in with an open mind. I was warned to stay clear of the red sauce, I did. The rice was dry, beans "ok" and I believe it was beef was 'ok" too. The green salad was green, but that was it. No carrots, tomato, cucumber, no nothing else. My husband had the same as I, but opted for the pork instead. Big mistake, it did not "stay down".

Visited April 2013