“wonderful service and great breakfast”
Review of Casa Jimenez

Casa Jimenez
Ranked #23 of 113 Restaurants in Barstow
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2010

met friends we haven't seen in 12 years at casa jimenez for breakfast. got there at 10 am today and had the best service and freshest food. bathrooms need an update.
9/25/10

Reviewed May 5, 2010

My husband and I stopped here for lunch on our way from Stockton California to Las Vegas because of the good reviews from other Tripadvisor users. Oh my goodness, we are SO glad we did stop. The food was absolutely the BEST!! I ordered the chicken tostada salad and the flavor of the chicken was terrific. All of the salad ingredients were very fresh and the chicken was all white meat!
The decor of the place was really cool too - there are a lot of game animals on the walls and positioned on the floor around the restaurant. We liked the decor, but it is probably not the greatest if that kind of thing bothers you.
If you are going to be travelling through Barstow this place is a great place to eat!

Reviewed April 3, 2010

While in town to visit my nephew who had just finished Army training at Fort Irwin, we stopped here after we discovered that Casa Jimenez was one of the few eateries, apart from fast food dives, open in Barstow on a Sunday afternoon. We hit the place smack between lunchtime and dinnertime, but given the scarce alternatives, we were unsurprised to see that it was still pretty crowded, mostly with folks like us who were passing through. The hostess seated us promptly and took our beverage order; then returned right away with tortilla chips, two types of salsa and a couple of "daily special" descriptions. My nephew ordered a mix of steak and chicken tacos; I ordered carnitas and two tamales and my mother ordered an enchilada combo. We all were very pleased by the flavors and freshness of our entrees, but I most enjoyed the homemade tamales filled with shredded beef. The portions were large but not outlandish, and we did not have any room left for dessert. Anyone who finds taxidermy art offensive may find the decor a bit over the top, and though we weren't bothered, we did all comment that this Mexican restaurant had the feel of a hunting lodge!

Reviewed March 26, 2010

We stopped at Casa Jimenez on the way to Vegas on 03/06/10; I never expected the food to be so good and actually not heavy; usually I feel too stuffed after eating mexican food but not this one; it was very fresh and the portions were very generous; my boyfriend had one of the omellets (giant) and I have the huevos rancheros (delicious).
We are going back to Vegas and we'll stop at Casa Jimenez again for breakfast.
If you are trying to avoid fast food you got to try this place! You'll be surprised as we were of the quality and value for your money; service is very good and attentive.

Reviewed July 6, 2009

Last month, traveled through Barstow to and from Arizona inside of a week and wanted to avoid fast food for dinner, so decided to give Casa Jimenez a try. Food and service were so good that I ate there on the way home as well. BIG portions accompanied with the beans, rice and tortillas. First time I had a Chile Verde plate and the second time was a combo plate with included a taco, enchilada and Chile Relleno. The salsa served with the chips was fantastic!! Large iced teas were the norm. Service was excellent both times - friendly, attentive servers. Hope to dine there again.

2  Thank roadtripperabc