“Excellent, excellent, excellent”

Comfort Suites Barstow
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
Reviewed May 28, 2009

Great hotel for the location. I chose it based on tripadvisor reviews, and they were right in the money. Friendly staff, nice modern rooms, clean big bathrooms. Great free breakfast with lots of options. If I were to come back to Barstow, I would definitively stay there again. Congrats to the management for such a clean operation

• Stayed: May 2009
cs2571, GM at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2009

Thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. I am happy to see my staffs and I are doing so well in the eye of our customers. We are always working hard to ensure each and everyone enjoys their stay at the brand new Comfort Suites Barstow. We hope to see you again in the near future. -GM at Comfort Suites Barstow

Reviewed May 17, 2009

The hotel is a very new property. The room was clean and spacious. The breakfast was good. The hotel offers a free Internet access and on-site parking. Overall, it offers a very good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comment on the TripeAdvisor. I am glad you have enjoyed your stay at the brand new Comfort Suite Barstow. We hope to see you soon. -GM at Comfort Suites Barstow

Reviewed May 10, 2009

My partner and I stopped over at the Comfort Suites en route to LA. WOW. What a gem in the desert. This is a new property, so everything is shiny and new - as would be expected. The service was fantastic (even accommodating my booking blunder) and the complimentary breakfast is more than sufficient to get you started in the morning. In comparison with the previous property (at the Grand Canyon) this was a god-send!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property, the brand new Comfort Suites Barstow. I am happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will come back to use soon. - GM at Comfort Suites Barstow

Reviewed April 25, 2009

We arrived 4/18/09 and this hotel was celebrating its grand opening. Everything was new, comfortable, clean, and wonderful. The only problem was that the pool area was not being taken care of. There was wind blown dirt in the pool that had been there from days past and the pool was freezing cold. I complained to the front desk clerk about the temperature and then when I noticed nothing was done, I complained again only to get a response that the person in charge of the pool said that this was the temperature that it was supposed to be set at. I informed the desk clerk that this was too cold and would not have stayed at this hotel if I was aware of this problem especially considering at check in I had asked if the pool was heated and was informed that it was. After the second complaint, the pool heater was turned up and also the spa temperature was then set too high at the same time. The pool was so cold that it took until the next morning just to heat up. Considering the room was $98 and this was their grand opening, you would think that they would want to make sure everything was perfect, but in no instance did a manager ever walk out to the pool area to check it over after I complained. I wasn't even asked if I enjoyed my stay at check out either. There just seems to be an attitude of indifference at this location.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank scrivy78
ComfortSuiteBarstow, Comfort Suites Barstow - GM at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2009

Thank you for staying with us at the Brand New Comfort Suite Barstow. I apologize for your inconvenience at my hotel. Because of honest TripAdvisor reviews like yours has allowed me to train my staff to serve the guest on a much higher level. I have implemented a new system to ensure my pool stay clean and enjoyable to all of my guests. It would be my pleasure to have you come back to us to give us another try. -Comfort Suites Barstow GM

Reviewed April 7, 2009

This was the last stint of our road trip just prior to returning home to LA. The hotel was clean and brand new with a very comfortable bed and sub-par breakfast. The staff was more than friendly. I rate this place significantly higher than the Hilton we stayed at in Sedona. For a third of the price, this hotel brought real value and a clean, well decorated environment.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
cs2571, General Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2009

Thanks for your response, I sincerely appreciate hearing personal feedback. I will take a look into your comments on "sub-par breakfast." I pride my hotel on having a great breakfast so anything negative makes my ears perk up. Rest assured you have significantly changed all future guests breakfast at the Comfort Suites in Barstow!
Thanks again! _Shannon Plotner "GM"

Reviewed March 4, 2009

THE LOBBY IS GORGEOUS!
I stay at least 70 nights a year and I have NEVER encountered such an amazing staff. The staff at hotels sometimes have another agenda or look to busy to help you, but the people I encountered here were SO great. The rooms were good sized, clean, the manager said they were brand new. I didn't go swimming, it looked too cold outside. (I read the review on the pool and it looks open now.) The breakfast was delicious and they even had cookies in the evening. I will stay here again because they had semi truck parking which is enough room for our tour bus.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
cs2571, General Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2009

I am so glad you enjoyed our property. Being a brand new facility we thought it might be difficult to get our name out, but thanks so much for your review! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 7, 2009

Stayed here on the recommendations of Trip Advisor. I liked the looks, very new and clean. Check in was fine. Room was very nice, had a little sitting area with sofa, microwave, fridge, coffee pot and sink. TV was nice, on swivel to watch from sofa or bed. Only problem was I could hear my neighbors TV and alarm clock at 6 in the morning. Must say my husband slept right thru the garbage truck and neighbors alarm at 6 am. I am a light sleeper so of course I heard it. He did complain about hearing their TV in the evening. Except for that everything was great. Shower was good, good water pressure and temp. We were on the first floor and didn't hear anyone above us. There was a coin laundry right there on first floor, pool, exercise room. Breakfast was great, omelets, bacon, waffles, etc. , very good.
Sometimes I wonder why when a hotel is only about 10% full, why they put everyone next to each other?? Why not spread us out a little so we don't have to hear each other?
There were lots of restaurants very close by, mostly fast food but convenient. We would stay here again, nice place.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
cs2571, General Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2009

I am so glad you liked the hotel and sorry you were placed near a noisy guest. We have taken precautions to make sure this won't happen in the future. Hope to see you again soon!