“Loved this place!”

Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
Philadelphia, PA
“Loved this place!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Chose this place from other Tripadvisor reviews. Could see that the hotel was right off the highway and that lots of restaurants were "adjacent to the property". So I was thinking that we'd probably not sleep very well from the highway noise. Not true! Didn't hear a thing. Room with 2 beds and a little sitting area was spacious. What's important to me about a hotel is that the beds are comfortable, the temperature is adjustable, the bathroom is clean, there is free wireless internet and tea/coffee always available in the lobby. All were true at this Comfort Suites. Plus, the total bill was under $100. I couldn't believe it! Kyle at the front desk was very helpful in giving us directions to Rainbow Basin for night sky gazing. At breakfast, I was disappointed that the meat item was a chipped beef dish to put on biscuits, but then I found hard boiled eggs in the frig and was a happy camper. Will be sure to stay here next time we're in Barstow.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
gm_caa22, General Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for the kind review! I'm glad the room was nice and quiet, bed comfy, and bathroom was clean. These are all essential parts of having a relaxing and pleasant stay. It's great to hear that Kyle provided you with directions to Rainbow Basin. I hear it is a great place to go see when visiting Barstow. Maybe on your next visit you'll be more impressed with breakfast. We are always adding new things to the menu based on guests needs and requests. Feel free to give me a call before your next visit so I can arrange for your favorite side to be offered. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Comfort Suites Barstow is one of our standbys when we cross the country. The rooms are laid out and kept up well. The staff (it was Kyle this time) go the extra mile to be friendly and helpful. We wanted to change rooms and were accommodated without any hesitation (luckily the hotel was not too full). And we get treats for our pets (-: so we all feel welcome!

The included breakfast has cold and hot items; wifi is available at an adequate speed; laundry machines and a small outdoor pool round out the amenities.

The location is a bit out of town at what can only be described as a massive truck stop (one dead-end exit, two Denny's and wall-to-wall fast food), but vehicle and road noise are a dull rumble.

We'll stay here on our next crossing too.

Room Tip: Front rooms face the highway but are away from the trucks parked overnight with engines idling.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
gm_caa22, General Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel during you cross country trip! Barstow city is a very popular and convenient stop for many travelers. I’m glad Kyle was able to accommodate your room change request. Thank you for acknowledging him, I am very lucky to have him as part of our team. I’m glad your pet received their treats; they are also our guests here and they deserve special treatment as well. I hope to see you and your furry friend again soon.
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Most people going to Barstow are headed somewhere else. The downtown hotels are noisy (trains all night) and a bit aged. This hotel is on the outskirts and next to the Outlets. Good location, much quieter than downtown. We had a comfortable large room with a king bed and small living room area. Microwave and mini frig were available. Breakfast was typical - scrambled eggs, hardboiled eggs, yogurt, waffles, etc. There are several places to eat nearby.
However we were at the end of the hall, and the wifi was VERY weak there. We carried our kindles half way down the hall and the signal strength was great about half way to the lobby.

Room Tip: Get a room in the middle of the hall if you want decent wifi.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank traveler1150
I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites! I see you had a chance to try out our breakfast. I would love to hear from you with your ideas on how we can change your opinion of it from "typical" to "outstanding." We want every one of our guests to experience a stay beyond expectations and have all their needs met. We are currently upgrading our bandwidth for our internet so I will make sure to let my IT team know of the issues occurring at the end of the hallways. I appreciate you notifying me so it can be resolved. I hope to hear from you soon! Better yet, I hope to see you again soon! Thank you for the review.
Raymond
Reviewed May 2, 2013

A very well-run hotel in a great stop-over location. The hotel is new-ish, clean, well-appointed with all the right decor and layout. It is a well-run hotel where the proper management of the hotel is apparent in the ease of check-in, customer care, cleanliness, food service, and so on. This hotel gets 5 stars for all of these.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
gm_caa22, General Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Wow what a lovely complement! Myself and staff are flattered by your kind review. We truly love what we do and want each and every guest to have a perfect stay. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!
Barstow, California
Reviewed April 28, 2013

the hotel was very clean and the staff was wonderful. the lady at the front desk, rebecca, was very helpful on sugesting food for dinner. no matter how busy she got all the guest eather on the phone or in front of her got the same courtcey and time.
the room was very clean and just nice all around.
the breakfast was fresh and very good.
i would definetly stay here again if i get the chance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
It makes me so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad you had a chance to meet Rebecca. She is a great asset to this hotel and the guests all love her. I hope you are able to stop by again soon. Thank you so much!
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed April 27, 2013

After a long drive on the freeway way this was a well deserved stop.
No complaints period. Could not have asked for anything more.
We could not believe it till we seen it. The guest were served mashed potatoes, the best fried chicken you ever tasted and drink as part of your stay with no additional charge. It was so nice not to have to leave to eat after a long drive. Amazing!

Room Tip: Bottom floor rooms. We felt like were were in a Cathedral because the ceilings were so tall.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
gm_caa22, General Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review. A complaint-free stay is exactly what we aim to achieve! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our manager's reception meal. That fried chicken is very popular amongst our guests. Thanks for stopping by!
Central CA
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with family on our way home from Vegas. Booked the room through Expedia's unpublished rates feature, and was pleased with the hotel. Room was large and clean with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. Continental breakfast was good (waffles, eggs, bacon, potatoes, donuts, fruit, etc.) and staff gave our kids a little toy. The pool was heated, so it was possible to swim even in April. There was a small gym which my husband said was nice. Really liked that it was close to the Outlet Center (Gap, Old Navy, Aeropostale, etc.). We walked to the Denny's next door for dinner and there were other restaurants nearby. I noticed that we could hear the doors of the other rooms being closed during the night, but luckily it didn't wake our kids. Also, we could not get the wifi to work. Overall, a nice place to stay if you are passing through. Would stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
gm_caa22, General Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Wow sounds like you were able to enjoy a little bit of everything our hotel has to offer! I'm really glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. I apologize about the internet issue. Please contact front desk on your next visit so that we can assure you get logged on properly. Thanks again for chosing our hotel and I hope to see you all again soon!