“Cheerful, helpful staff, tidy accommodations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Barstow

Comfort Suites Barstow
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
“Cheerful, helpful staff, tidy accommodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

In an area with so many dumps and flea bag motels, this is perhaps your best option for Barstow...sorry, Barstow. The room was clean, everything worked as it should, and despite being close to the freeway, it was impossible to hear any road noise. The check in process took just a minute, and the night clerk was polite and friendly. Many options for dining and fuel. You can't go wrong here.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
gm_caa22, Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while in the Barstow area. In addition, thank you for letting others know about our accommodations. I am glad we hit all of the fundamentals with you; quiet, clean, friendly and good location. We strive to make every guest a loyal guest when they come back to Barstow. I am thrilled that we earned your recommendation and I hope that you will pass through Barstow again soon! Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Lansing, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I rely on tripadvisor for almost all my travel. And this hotel did not disappoint. We stayed here one night in June of 2012 with my husband, three kids, and my parents. The youngest one did stay in a portable crib, but we did fit very nicely in one of the suites. The room very classy looking and very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for bringing your family to stay while in Barstow. In addition,thank you so much for taking the time to let others know about your stay! I am happy that you found your room spacious enough for the entire family. I am thrilled that we have won you over for the next time that you are in Barstow! Thank you so much once again for staying with us and we hope to have you back soon!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was most impressed with the breakfast spread in the morning. Wow! That was probably the largest and best laid out 'continental' breakfast I've ever had. The rooms were also very enjoyable, and there were lots of ammenities. There's nothing in Barstow but family, but I wanted to stay longer!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
gm_caa22, Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while visiting your family in Barstow! Equally, I thank you for taking the time out to tell future guests about your stay. The breakfast attendants are fantastic, they are always looking for ways to make each guest happy so it is exciting to see that you noticed; thank you. You mentioned staying longer; you should have just stayed longer! Since you did not, I will give you an excuse to come back...Calico Ghost Town and the Drive In Movies. I hope you come back and see us again soon! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!
Saint George, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We recently spent one night at this beautiful Comfort Suites while passing through Barstow. It is a very nice hotel, very close to restaurants and the outlet malls.The staff at this hotel is absolutely wonderful and the room was beautiful We had a king suite with a sitting area. The room was beautifully furnished, the bed was very comfortable and it was as clean as it could be. There is always coffee in the lobby and the breakfast was very good. I would highly recommend this Comfort Suites.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying with us while in Barstow! In addition, thank you for the flattering review! I am thrilled that you found your stay to be enjoyable. Our staff really is spectacular in that everyone has the same focus: Guest Service. We all work as a team to make sure that our guests leave happy. That being said it looks like we achieved this with you and we are elated. Thank you again for staying and we hope that you will stay again soon!!!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Very neat and clean place and very comfortable. The staff was cheerful and helpful and went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant. We really felt like they were happy to have us stay. This is a wonderful place and skill stay here whenever we are in town. Thank you to the kind and gracious staff for making our visit so easy.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
gm_caa22, Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us! We are genuinely happy to have you stay!!!! I am thrilled that you felt our appreciation. It is our goal to make each guest feel as you did. It is also our goal to make sure we do everything in our power to be your #1 choice in lodging when in Barstow. It looks like we hit both of these goals with you and I am excited that you shared this with our future guests. Thank you once again and I hope to have you back soon!
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The staff was very friendly and gave us a great referral for dinner. The room was clean and quite. I got a free upgrade to a 2 room suite with a Jacuzzi tub that was assume. The breakfast area was kept well stock. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
gm_caa22, Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Comfort Suites while in Barstow! We try to upgrade our Choice Privilege members whenever we can, so I am thrilled that you enjoyed your upgrade! As for breakfast, our attendants work diligently to keep everything stocked and attending to each guest so thank you for noticing. We appreciate when guests come to stay with us when there are so many lodging options. Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time to write about your experience for our future guests. We hope to see you again soon!
Kimberly
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed the night on the way to Ontario.Great hotel/Great price/Clean/Breakfast very good/staff extremely helpful/will stay there again.I drive large fire trucks,so there was room for the truck or your Rv.So for $90 ,you will be happy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ronald E
gm_caa22, Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay! In addition, of course thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Suites while traveling through Barstow! I am excited to see that we hit the main points for you. Clean, staff service, breakfast and ample parking are musts around here. Thank you again and I hope you return for another visit soon! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!