“over nite stay/rollin through”

Comfort Suites Barstow
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed the night on the way to Ontario.Great hotel/Great price/Clean/Breakfast very good/staff extremely helpful/will stay there again.I drive large fire trucks,so there was room for the truck or your Rv.So for $90 ,you will be happy.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ronald E
gm_caa22, Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay! In addition, of course thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Suites while traveling through Barstow! I am excited to see that we hit the main points for you. Clean, staff service, breakfast and ample parking are musts around here. Thank you again and I hope you return for another visit soon! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Barstow was a necessary stop on the way to Arizona. Nice room, quiet, good bed, small cold swimming pool, the front desk was friendly and helpful. They have a better than average variety of things offered for breakfast. The breakfast server was most concerned with doing a good job!

If you want terrific Mexican food for cheap try Lola's Kitchen 1244 E. Main St. old Barstow..M-F 4AM-7:30PM and Sat 4AM-4:30PM. It's in a supermarket parking lot.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us on your way to Arizona! Thank you additionally for taking the time out to tell others about your experience. It is always our goal to exceed expectations and earn repeat guests and I am thrilled that we achieved a returning guest (for your next stay). We have been trying to add more and more to our breakfast and I am excited that you noticed! Thank you again for your kind words and thank you for staying with us while in Barstow!!!!!!!! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed here on our last night of a move from Seattle to Phoenix with our two cats. I chose the hotel based on the good reviews and the fact that they allow pets. The front desk staff greeted us with a hand written Christmas card (cute) and a little bucket of cat treats. A lovely, personal touch. The hotel is very clean, new and comfortable and they have a super friendly and helpful staff. I was also pleased to find that the hotel is located in a very convenient area, right off the freeway and with several dining establishments to choose from in close proximity. We forgot about the time change and missed breakfast but the dining area is clean, attractive and comfortable as well. They also offer some sundries and frozen goods for purchase to prepare in your room as well as offering laundry facilities. If you need a place to stay in the Barstow area I definitely recommend the Comfort Suites!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BLBTraveler

Thank you! We were very proud of our little snowman cards! I am glad that you and your furry friends enjoyed your time with us! We appreciate each guest that chooses to stay with us as we know you have many lodging options. In addition, we appreciate you taking the time to write such a complimentary review. I hope that you are settling in nicely to your new home. Please come back again and see us, we will have more cat treats:) Thank you!!!!!!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Comfort Suites. Very nice hotel. The room was very clean. There were only 2 problems, 1 was working the thermostat and 2 keeping the bathroom door open to allow the heat inside. The hotel staff was extremely kind and very honest. I left my bag and jacket in the dinning area, and they kept my items safe until I was able to claim them. I also enjoyed the snacks in the evening, especially after working in the cold. It was really nice to come back and have a nice hot snack. They really made me feel like I was at home.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
gm_caa22, Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

I am so glad that your business trip brought you our way! Thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Suites in Barstow and for taking the time to tell others about your experience. I apologize for the thermostat confusion, and hope that our front desk agents were able to clear up any confusion. I am happy that despite the confusion and cool bathroom that you enjoyed your time here! We are always trying to make our guests feel at home when they are with us, since many times we are their home away form home. Thus, little snacks at night and a friendly staff usually go a long way. Thank you again, and I hope that you come back again soon! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

This was a waypoint in Sacramento to Vegas family car trip. Nice but small. Desk staff was annoyed to have customers. Clean. Good free breakfast. Again counter staff wasn't at counter kinda annoying. Comfy bed lots of pillows, good shower for the desert, sofa bed was awesome for 2 and 5 year old.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us while you were in Barstow! In addition, thank you for the valuable feedback that you provided us. We are always striving to improve and your input has given us a platform to work on. As of today, all of our front desk agents will be made aware of your comments and we are taking necessary measures to prevent this issue from occurring again. I hope that you will be here again soon, so that you can see the positive change. We all make it a goal to have every guest leave happy, so I know that our staff will take your experience very seriously. As for the rest of your stay I am thrilled that you enjoyed it. Thank you again for being a valued guest!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stopped in Barstow for 2 nights on the way to Palm Springs. While this motel is at the interchange type community of gas stations, fast food etc, instead of the large number of motels on old Rt 66, it was a great base for exploring the Harvey House Hotel, and Calico Ghost Town and a few other sites (missed some due to time) in the high desert. The staff was very friendly and helpful and they upgraded us to a suite type room for no extra cost....nice...great room(s). The breakfast was just about everything most people would want. They even had a dinner one night, which we missed unfortunately, The drive from Barstow to Palm Springs was a beautiful drive through the desert. If we drive to Palm Springs again from San Francisco, definitely would stay here and follow a similar route instead of skirting the LA mega-sprawl even if the drive is somewhat longer.

Room Tip: Rooms at the very back overlook a very large truck service facility with many trucks stopping for ni...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Greg P
gm_caa22, Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you so much for staying at the Comfort Suites while in Barstow! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and so appreciative that you took the time to let other travelers know about it. Thank you for all of your compliments! We pride ourselves on our staff, so I am excited that you noticed them!

I agree that the drive through the desert can be a beautiful one, especially the desert sunsets. With your decision to change your route we appreciate your return in the future! See you soon! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Hotel is easy to get off the 15, by outlet mall. Next to the Flying J. Rates are resonable. Plenty of parking for RV's or Semis.

Plenty of restaurants around.

Beds are nice and confortable.

Full hot breakfast- the works.

I have stayed here a couple of times and will do it again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
gm_caa22, Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review for others to see! You hit all of the basics that a hotel should be able to offer. Location, cleanliness,parking and amenities. I am thrilled that we earned a repeat guest, that is always our goal with each and every guest. Thank you again, we appreciate your business so much!!!!!