“Great hotel”

Comfort Suites Barstow
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
Reviewed November 14, 2012

As an Elite Diamond member I stay at alot of Comfort Suites around the world and I must say the one in Barstow is by far the best one I have ever stayed in. The place was immaculate and the staff was extraordinary.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
gm_caa22, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

WOW!! As an Elite Diamond CP Member we are honored to receive such a flattering compliment!!!! Since a bulk of your time is spent in a hotel, I am happy that we made your stay comfortable and stood out from the rest. I would like to extend our gratitude for your business. We know you have many choices in hotels and we are grateful that we are your CHOICE hotel. Once again, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! Come see us again soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We travel with a large family and booking 3 rooms close to each other is not always easy. The clerk was very instrumental in meeting our needs. Overall, very clean, quiet and spacious rooms, a well equipped exercise room (I just looked in), and a friendly staff. Will surely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
gm_caa22, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for staying with us while traveling with your family and additionally thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay!!! I am ecstatic that we earned a repeat visit in the future from you and your group. We always do our absolute best to accommodate our guests. I am thrilled that we were able to in your case. In the end it is our goal make your stay exactly what you want with a dash of something extra. Thank you so much once again for being our guest and I look forward to your return! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Stopped off for one night on a road trip, dident book beforehand just walked in.
Rooms were good with no complaints, with breakfast being the usual items. Lots of food options around, although not in Barstow town it's close enought to be out of the way.

• Stayed: November 2012
gm_caa22, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on during your road trip! Thank you additionally for taking the time to post a review! With road trips it seems that many hotels just run together, so I am glad that we earned a review from you! I wish you a safe trip if you are still driving and hope that you come see us again soon! Thank you!!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I am so glad that we took the time to head to this place even though we stupidly got lost trying to find it and were treated to Barstow's main street, which is surprisingly long.

If you are looking for this hotel, don't make the mistake that it's even really in Barstow - It's actually at a collection of fast food chains and gas stations just on the out skirts off the I-15.

Okay, now that that's out of the way, this is a great hotel and suites. The lobby is lovely, the service was wonderful and our room was huge and had an interesting layout. We over looked the pool and the desert behind the hotel. the beds were nice and comfortable and the temperature of the room was lovely.

We were also on the second floor just beside the elevators. I was really nervous that it would be super loud but we didn't hear a thing. Not the elevator mechanisms nor people in the hall. And I think it was pretty full.

If there was one mark against this hotel it would be the fitness centre. It's a lovely space but the machines are really really in need of some TLC. I'm not talking serious dilapidation or anything, but the treadmill labours and slips, there is gunk all over the controls and nothing to clean them with and the elliptical really squeaks and labours. On the plus side, there were some lovely free-weights that one doesn't find in most hotels.

The breakfast was the usual with the addition of a waffle iron, bacon and eggs. Not my thing really but I did check it out.

We would for sure stay again - not only is it convenient, but it's clean, quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
gm_caa22, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Suites while in Barstow! I am so happy that you found your stay enjoyable! Your satisfaction of course is our single most important goal. Next up is the fitness center, I am happy to announce that we are making some big changes in the fitness center some TLC if you will. We will have a wipe dispenser on the wall for you to utilize among many other changes. It is our goal to have these upgrades by the end of this year. So now you must come back to see this!!! For now however, we do have cleaner in the fitness center for our guests. Thank you again for staying with us, additionally thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough and helpful review!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

After reading the reviews at your web site, picked this hotel. Rebecca at the reception desk was super. She gave us a lovely, very clean, quiet, room away from every noise. Told us where to have dinner across the street and it was excellent. She went out of her way to make us comfortable. The room looked new and was spotless!!! All the staff was very accommodating. Will only stay at Comfort Suites from now on since it is a very well run business that pays attention to the details and has extra-ordinary employee's. The breakfast was pretty good also. Thanks for a lovely stay. Great Outlet Stores across the street. Forget the rest, this one's the BEST.

Room Tip: If you are bothered by noise at night, ask for a room NOT by an elevator, ice machine, housekeeping...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
gm_caa22, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so lucky to have amazing team members like Rebecca! Everyone takes so much pride in their roles here at the Comfort Suites.I am always thrilled to see their efforts in our guests comments. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and of course thank you for taking the time to write about your experience for future guests to read. THANK YOU!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We found this place to have very friendly service, enjoyable food (both free dinner and breakfast). The hotel is super clean and quiet, has a nice pool and jaccuzzi.
The vicinity to the Tanger Outlet Mall was a pleasant surprise, in particular to the teenagers.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your way to Death Valley! I am so excited that you enjoyed your stay here and I hope the teenagers did not break the bank at the nearby shopping! I hope you come back soon to visit us again! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Everytime I come out for a rotation to Ft Irwin, I always try to make it a point to come out and stay at the Comfort Suites. When I have other fellow service members tell me their coming out to Ft Irwin for a rotation, I always offer the phone number to the Comfort Suites in Barstow. Fantastic place. Great atmosphere, always clean, the quality of the rooms, the personnel are always friendly. OUTSTANDING!!!

Room Tip: I always liked staying in the rooms on the south west side because if you're staying in, you can...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
gm_caa22, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you so much! We are a military town, so it is exciting to see that we are doing our job in taking care of our military men and women. Thank you for your kind words and your service. In addition, thank you so much for the advertising! Word of mouth is so important and we really do appreciate you recommending us! Next time you stay please call to let me know (Rachelle), we would like to do something special to thank you! I hope to hear from you soon. I am not sure if I told you already, but THANK YOU! :)