Comfort Suites Barstow
$60
$56
$96
$90
Super 8 Barstow(Barstow)(Great Value!)
$55
HIExpress.com
$36
$29
  • Pool
All reviewstruck stopsofa bedsitting areajacuzzi tublarge bathroomclean roomsplace to stayexercise roomlas vegasking suitefront desk staffwafflesexcellent staynext morningcookiesgreat stopgreat breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family and I loved our last stay at the Comfort Suites Barstow so much we decided to make it an annual vacation spot. Yeah, I know...Barstow sounds a little white trash, but we stay there for our Calico visit (plus I stay for the outlets).

The rooms are amazing. A wonderful addition since my last visit is USB ports in the rooms - sweet!

The breakfast is bomb! Much to my surprise they have added complementary dinner as well; too bad we didn't get to try it, it was gone 45 minutes before dinner time was over. Maybe there was a hefty group of truckers or something.

The staff here is just fantastic.

One strange thing happened which seemed atypical, shortly after we checked in there was a noxious, sulfur-like order that was very pungent. My husband went to tell the staff & heard someone already complaining & saw someone already steam cleaning the carpets. Unfortunatlly, we had to seek fresh air poolside for the next hour.

That aside, this is the best place to stay in Barstow!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
gm_caa22, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us when you visit Calico! We will look forward to our yearly visits from you! Of course we are not happy when we have issues, although I am happy to hear that our staff was speedy to take care of the issue. The USB ports are definitely a necessary addition since most everything we use these days can be charged with a USB. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our food and beverage selection, we have been making improvements in this area so I am happy to see that you noticed. I do have one request for you on your next stay...TELL US WHAT WE CAN DO TO EARN A PERFECT SCORE FROM YOU!!! Thank you again for being a valued guest and taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback!

Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Fairly new hotel, nicely appointed, very clean, immaculately maintained. Many amenities, including fast internet and lots of outlets in the rooms! Staff is very friendly and accommodating; always smiling and asking what else they can do. A very positive experience.

• Stayed: August 2012
gm_caa22, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you from the entire Comfort Suites team for choosing to stay with us while you were in Barstow! In addition, thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience! I will agree that we have a staff to be proud of! I am so glad to hear that our team was showing such an interest in finding ways to improve. Our guest opinions are extremely important and we utilize them daily. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope that you will come back again soon!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Don’t always find a great place like this hidden away in smaller town areas of the country. The front desk staff at check-in was very helpful and friendly. We had a third floor room facing the highway and found it to be very quiet and comfortable. There were two elevators that made it quick and easy to get to the floor. The room was very clean, well-stocked and had everything we needed for our night’s stay. The bathroom vanity was large and great to have for a change. New HD flat screen tv mounted on the wall and they had a good choice of channels on the cable. The bed was very comfortable; I wish I had this one at home.

The morning continental breakfast area was well stocked, clean, and plenty of space for everyone. Nearby there were two pc’s for guest use and the hotel had Wi-Fi throughout the property.

I was very impressed with the hotel and the location near Barstow was just fine, about 5 minutes out of Barstow. The hotel staff was able to provide a printed map and directions to a great restaurant in Barstow called Idle Spurs Steakhouse. If you’re in the area and have some time it’s a great place to enjoy a meal.

Tanger Factory outlet stores located nearby for some great shopping.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side might be bright and sunny during the day. North side seems very quiet and in the shade.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
gm_caa22, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this thoughtful review. In addition, our Comfort Suites team is always grateful when a guest chooses to stay with us, since we know you have many lodging options! I am happy to see that you enjoyed your experience at the Comfort Suites in Barstow! I agree that the beds are beyond comfy, sometimes I want to make this my home just for the beds. We really make it our goal to be the best, and from this review I am confident that we are on the right track. Thank you again, and we hope you continue to stay with us when in town.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I are driving from CA to NC and this was our first stop out of Los Angeles. The front desk staff couldn't have been friendlier to us and our dog. The room was large and clean. The parking lot felt safe. Breakfast was what you would expect and all we needed to get us going.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
gm_caa22, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

I am happy that you chose to stay with us on your trip to NC. I hope that you stay with us again on your way back home! I am also thrilled to hear that everyone treated your furry friend well! We know that traveling with pets is much the same as traveling with children; they get cranky and tired so we enjoy making their break from the open road a pleasant one. We are so grateful for each and every guest that chooses to stay with us and I want to thank you once again for staying with us!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Customer service was fantastic! Beds
I could sink into and have a deep comfortable sleep. Soft pillows! So sweet to our son! The breakfast was awesome, fresh fruit even blue berries! A definite stay again! Military rate Was great

• Stayed: August 2012
gm_caa22, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

I love this compliment! Our team truly strives to be the best every single day, so this review shows us that our efforts are turning into results! I am so happy that you enjoyed our new fruit selection at breakfast, I love it as well:) Thank you so much for bringing your family to stay with us. We hope that you continue to stay with us on all of your future travels through Barstow and Fort Irwin. THANK YOU!!