“Nicest hotel in Barstow, by far”

Comfort Suites Barstow
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
San Francisco, California
“Nicest hotel in Barstow, by far”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Barstow is the logical place to stop when you're driving from NM to San Francisco, and I've found a new favorite hotel for when I have to make the trip. The staff was fantastic, and the room was amazing. This trip I grabbed a 2 room suite (for a great price I might add!), and it was one of the most comfortable hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. Incredibly comfortable beds, fast internet, two HD TVs with lots of channels, and a comfortable sitting area. Oh, and did I mention that there was a huge (and amazing) jacuzzi tub in the bathroom? Cause that was awesome, and the perfect way to unwind after 12 hours in a car. I'll definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Pony up the extra few bucks for the suite. The in-room jacuzzi and spacious layout are definitely w...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
gm_caa22, Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Aren't those jacuzzi tubs just great?! Perfect for our guests to pamper themselves. Our guests deserve a room where they can relax and be comfortable. We are all about providing you your own personal space where you have piece and quiet. Thanks for the wonderful review, you are welcome back anytime.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Tel Aviv
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is a great place and great value. After visiting Hearst Castle for several hours we drove staright to Barstow, and arrived late in the evening. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, the free breakfast was great. Highly recommended

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Clean room, friendly staff, great breakfast, you shouldn't expect anything less when checking into a hotel! I'm glad that we delivered!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 25, 2011

My friend and I were at the end of a 16 hr driving day and at 9:45 pm looked for a place to stay before our final day of travelling. We looked on the internet and found the Comfort Suites and arrived to be greeted by cheerful the night clerk, Christine, who discovered I was a Choice Rewards member which led to a great rate on our room.

The hotel is one of the nicest Choice properties I have stayed in. Spacious room with 2 beds and a fold out couch, flat screen tv, refrig, free internet, fitness room, all very clean and crisp. The next morning by a most friendly Sandra who helped check us out and enrolled my companion in the Rewards program. Then we enjoyed a full breakfast of hot and cold foods including make your own waffles.

The facility is right off the freeway next to a fuel facility and a 24 hr chain restaurant.

A great place to stay overnight or for longer stays in that area. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms on south are away from freeway but all seemed soundproof 3 floors available
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you very much!! I completely agree with you that this is one of the nicest Comfort Suites. It's no wonder we won a Platinum Award! I am grateful for guests like you that take the time to leave us such wonderful reviews to spread the word about us. Hope to see you soon!
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Breakfast is good, not the best. Yet compared to some places, the food is edible and hot. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Plan to stop here again the next time I come through Barstow.

• Stayed October 2011
gm_caa22, Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Good to know our ammenities met your expectations. If there are any suggestions you may have on new food items for breakfast please let us know!! We want to make sure everyone can find something they like. Hope to see you soon!
Ascot
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We wanted to stay in a hotel between Las Vegas & LA on our return to the UK after a holiday in the western states & chose Comfort Suites, Barstow (actually Lenwood) as we'd stayed in hotels in Barstow before that were to close to the railway tracks for comfort! Difficult to sleep with the number of train movements through the night! However, Comfort at Lenwood was excellent, service, room, breakfast. I thoroughly recommend it. And the trains? Well, I did hear one or two whistles but not to disturb us as it did in Bartstow itself.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
This is definitely the more desireable area to stay! So much quieter! I'm glad you were able to enjoy a night without any disruptions. Thanks for the great review!
Kent, Washington
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel-the two ladies who served breakfast were fantastic. They were Christine and Manupen. I have to walk with a cane and they offered to help me. For someone like me it is a great special service. The room we stayed in was the first one that really helped the handicapped. I would use again with great relief knowing that there are places like this around. Thank you for the service. Anitra Temby

Room Tip: If available-used handicap room -
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Now this makes me very happy! We really try our best to offer room types and ammeneties for all people's needs. I am so glad to hear that our hotel worked out for you. I am even happier to hear that our staff was so helpful. We really do care about our guests! Christine and Manepun our amazing! The guests just love them! Thank you for letting others know about your experience.
Carson City, Nevada
Reviewed September 15, 2011

This hotel was clean, safe and comfortable with excellent customer service. The rooms were decorated very nice and modern, different than what we're used to, and we usually stay at the Marriott Courtyard. It was quiet for us during our stay and enjoyable. The breakfast was awesome, not continental but a full complimentary breakfast including, sausage, eggs, hash browns, bagels, toast, donuts, yogurt, croissants, orange juice, reg. coffee, bold coffee, decaf, fresh fruit to name a few and also hot coffee 24hrs. Christine was very helpful and pleasant when we checked in late. We would definitely come back here to stay.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 2nd floor, pool side and was quiet for us. Christine had advised us to stay on...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank NVCOUNTRYGIRL X
Glad we were available for your late check in! Our breakfast definitely goes above and beyond expectations. We try and offer a little bit of everything to satisfy every guest's taste. Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and it was quiet and comfortable. See you next time!