“Good food”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Tony's Buffet & Steakhouse
Ranked #91 of 119 Restaurants in Barstow
Description: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Buffets, and featuring Lunch Specials, Combination Dinners, Prime Steaks, Seafood, Ribs, Pasta, and Sandwiches. We also have a Kid's Menu and Senior Citizen's Specials.
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

We visited Tony's as it was close to our hotel. The location is somewhat hard to find if you are in the city and not on the interstate. It's a really big place and only a handful of customers. We ordered off the menu as it was later. Salad was great and the steak sandwich was very good as well. I did not check out the buffet however, it looked very large and was clean. I would eat there again if I was in town. The service was good and came by the table an appropriate amount of times.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed September 4, 2017

We went there in the early evening it was not full. That must have been the reason they didn't have much food out. The food looked as if it had been out for hours a few items we never saw them bring out more of. You can see it clearly from the road I will say that.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 16, 2017

We saw the Steakhouse sign and thought we would try it since my husband like steak. It was a great surprise that it was also a buffet with real good food.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed April 10, 2017

This is similar to a sizzler & the prices about the same. There is a buffet as well as order from a menu.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed February 13, 2017

On vacation from England, I stayed overnight in Barstow on my way to Death Valley and went to Tony's as the motel manager gave me a list of restaurants offering a 10% discount for his patrons.
This is a huge restaurant, resembling something like a conference canteen. When I arrived at about 8.00 pm, only one table was occupied and those patrons left soon after. I asked for a salad starter and pork ribs. The pork was not available nor was white fish. I ordered fried fish.
The salad from the buffet was crisp and fresh.
When served, the fried fish was bland and tasteless and the baked potato dry.
The waitress was pleasant. The cheque came with the meal and, apologetically, she asked for payment whilst I was still eating (by which time the staff were clearing away the buffet and preparing to close up).
Having spent the afternoon in Barstow I got the impression of a city down on its luck (sorry if I'm wrong with my snap judgement) and my experience of Tony's reinforced that feeling, especially coming from time spent with friends in affluent Santa Monica.
I didn't have the heart to ask for the discount...

Date of visit: February 2017