“So much history” 4 of 5 stars

Barstow Station
Ranked #5 of 15 things to do in Barstow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Whether you are looking for a place to take a rest, have some fun, use the restroom, engage in a history lesson, or collect souvenirs, we have it all here at Barstow Station. During your visit, you can grab great food, see interesting people, and stock up on supplies before hitting the road again. Barstow Station is home to more than 16 different vendors, including well-known names like McDonald's and Dunkin' Donuts. Best of all, we have Wi-Fi, clean and inviting drivers' lounges, a liquor store, and clean restrooms. Looking for lotto tickets? Our family-owned fun spot is the fourth largest seller in the state of California. We have even made some millionaires!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Highlands, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“So much history”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We loved walking around this historic train station and were very sad that the museum(s) were open only Fridays and weekends. Still, there was plenty to see and lots of trains. I imagined what it must have been like in its heyday; very cool!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Adriana C

Ridgecrest, California
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Keeps Growing and Growing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Forgot to rate this last year I guess. Anyway, I am not recomending you eat there, I am just saying you should stop in and check it out. Lots of interesting shops and fast food if you are hungry.

1 Thank thezone999
Syracuse, Utah
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great stop on a really boring road”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

This place is a welcome respite from the road between Las Vegas and Southern CA. You eat in refurbished train cars, which is cool, they have nice bathrooms and wifi as well as things travelers need like car chargers and snacks for the road. I know we are really glad we stopped here.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank 2_NM_Natives
Norfolk, Virginia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A tourist trap”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This had the vibe of an indoor flea market. The vendors weren't selling souvenirs as much as they were just pushing product, I do not consider a Bowie knife to be souvenir. It did not fell like a place for tourist to stop at unless they were looking for a quick bite and some bathrooms. If I were a tourist and this is where my tour company brought me, I would be highly disappointed.

Visited January 2013
Lidkoping, Sweden
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Barstow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

A cool place to see some old trains. Got a lot of great photographs over here. A quick stop on the way to Vegas.

Visited September 2012